Did Mark Zuckerberg have the new Macbook Pro in February before its release?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
That's a 13-inch MacBook Air. Look at the size difference (perspective wouldn't account for that much difference).

jW

TheRdungeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Yeah, the one in the background tapers and the one in the front has the thunderbolt port placement of an air (dog is covering the tapering)

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
I think you may have found the Smoking Gun..

Did Mark Zuckerberg have the new Macbook Pro in February before its release?
YES.. Amazing Work there.. :eek:

In late January I believe he secretly bought up almost ALL the Apple Stock in the world using various aliases, just so he could get one to play with before the 'little people' got their grubby hands on them.. and likely for FREE.. Cheeky Bastard.. :D

Or maybe not.. :eek:

henry72

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
I think the most obvious thing is that the "MagSafe" is L which is the old one. Confirmed it is a MacBook Air :D

They are both MacBook Air 13-inch. The middle port is a USB port, not a HDMI port :)

Cheers!

bill-p

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2011
If you are wondering what those ports on that "mysterious" machine are...

From right to left: Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort > USB > SD Slot

Clearly a 2010/2011/2012 MacBook Air 13". The other machine is also that very same one because you can see clearly that it doesn't have the speaker grille.

Oh, and one more thing: L MagSafe is not the safe thing to go by, guys. I can use a MagSafe > MagSafe 2 adapter to get a L MagSafe on my rMBP just fine.

Taper gave it all off, though. So obvious...

trikky

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
In late January I believe he secretly bought up almost ALL the Apple Stock in the world using various aliases, just so he could get one to play with before the 'little people' got their grubby hands on them..
...he thought it would be a better investment than Facebook stock...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
How do you miss the taper on the front? And "you just stumbled" ... okay. ;)

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
The only Macbook with a Thunderbolt/Mini-Displayport on the right side is the Macbook Air.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Just breath and think about it...

1 - Why would Mark Zuckerberg get early access to one of the largest MBP redesigns in years?
2 - How do you "happen" upon his FB page?
3 - Even if A happened and B was really just a coincidence, why would it matter in the slightest?

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
That's a 13-inch MacBook Air. Look at the size difference (perspective wouldn't account for that much difference).

jW
Cool find, but it definitely does look like a MBA. Agreed with JW.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Apple is known to NOT give out advanced releases no matter who you are. Celebrities beg but no cigar, even The WOZ has to line up at the Apple store to get his. Not to mention the Apple engineer who forgot his test 4s at the bar surely made Apple even shy-er.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.