Did McCain invent Wi-Fi and Cell phones?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by atszyman, Sep 15, 2008.

1. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Ok we all know that Al Gore invented the internet and the quote that led to that claim.

So here I am reading McCain's and Obama's answers on a Science questions survey and I ran across this.

So if Gore invented the internet, did McCain invent Wi-Fi and Cell phones?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I think you need to know how to use a technology before you can be credited with inventing it...

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I don't know if McCain was involved in the creation of mobile telecommunications, but I heard a rumour that he assisted Gutenberg with his printing press.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

perhaps this is mccains attempt to appeal the tech crowd???

to bad all of us that know how to get on the internet :)p) can do a google search and see all the **** hes done....

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D

[​IMG]

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

i for one, LOL'ed

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

It's too bad for McCain that he probably couldn't even begin to explain any of this technology he "created". The guy has admitted he doesn't even know how to send an e-mail.

8. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

barrak?
    is this Colonnello Mostarda?

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

He doesn't realise that countries outside of the US also have public WiFi?

Dear God let's not have another guy in charge who doesn't know much about the outside world.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What he doesn't realize is that WiFi operates in the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz bands, which are unlicensed, and have been for quite some time, and have been used for everything from walkie talkies to cordless (landline) phones, long before Al Gore even invented the internet, I mean, the internet was mainstream in homes around the world, and that just about any company is free to use the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz spectrum without needing any government approval (or minimal FCC certification at the very best)

Of course, he doesn't know this. He probably hears "2.4 Gigahertz" and thinks it's the codename for Iran's nuclear program and would launch a war against them.