Did my iphone 3g die? (custom 4.2.1 6:15:00 Jb+Unlock)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elpe, Apr 29, 2011.

1. elpe macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2009
    Hi there,

My iphone will not turn on, its able to connect to my mac, only in dfu.

After trying to restore itunes says: error 23.

Read a lot of forums but always whitout a real solution... Most say its water damage but mine has a different story:

Jailbroken, custom firmware 4.2.1 on baseband 6:15:00.

Used it for a couple of months, never opened cydia. A friend of mine opened the cydia app and it started updating. Then the iphone slowly died in 2 days:

First battery fast drainage and after the battery died it will not turn on again. Connected to usb power cable: able to connect to itunes in fdu: error 23

Anyone any clue?

Thanks a lot!!
  2. flyingninjas macrumors member

Jan 27, 2011

so its a hardware error. how unfortunate. if its still under warranty go to apple and get a replacement. if not n ur felling bold try replacing the dock connector, connector 4 inside the iphone. U can buy replacements on ebay for $10
  3. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2008
    Catalina Wine Mixer

First off, how do you figure it's a hardware error:confused:

Second, he can't take it in regardless if he just bought it last week–baseband updated to 6.15.00.

Have you tried restoring to a different fw? Is your phone hacktivated?
  4. drkbcbot macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2011
    I upgraded to 6.15 also... then i tried downgrading and the phone won't restore anymore. took it to apple and they asked me a few questions and got a replacement =)
  5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

Nov 25, 2010
    That's pretty lucky, technically your warranty was void with the ipad baseband.

Also remember once you have the ipad 6.15 baseband you must always use a custom firmware that doesnt update the baseband. All normal IPSW files will fail after doing ipad baseband.