Did not click "make my life easier" how to get option back in cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jvice09, Mar 22, 2010.

1. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

ok so i did not click "make my life easier" in cydia when asked to save my SHSH for 3.1.2...it was my fault i dont know why i clicked the cancel button, it was a mistake. anyways im wondering how i can get back in good graces with cydia so that they start asking me again so save my SHSH's on file. ive read of people having 3.1.3 SHSH's on file and i have not been asked again from cydia. am i not included anymore? how can i get back in for future SHSH storage?

ps i know apple is only signing 3.1.3 firmware im not asking any noob questions, i just want the option back to save my SHSH on cydia

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Their should be an option when you first open cydia in the middle of the home page when it opens..

3. jvice09 thread starter macrumors member

jvice09

nope, im sure i have the typical list of options.

find cydia on facebook
    follow saurik on twitter
    cydia store:products
    featured packages
    featured themes
    upgrading to 3.1.3? read this
    more package sources
    faq's
    copying files to/form device
    openssh access how-to
    root password how to
    recommended books
    mailing lists
    bypassing code sig
    credits/thank you

4. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

5. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

downgrade your firmware

6. jvice09 thread starter macrumors member

jvice09

Basically what I'm asking is if Cydia will ever ask me again to store my SHSH blobs on their sever even though I did not accept the first time. Has anybody else ever canceled this service and had Cydia ask them later on? I don't need it right now but I just want to have peace of mind in the future.

7. Deano.uk macrumors regular

Deano.uk

Think this meens you wont be able too... not 100% sure though

Saurik : "Apple's TSS server stopped signing 3.1.2 today, so if Cydia does not state that you have 3.1.2 SHSH's on file yet you are now "too late". :("

http://twitter.com/saurik/status/8625159821

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

It would automatically store the hashes for 3.1.3 now, however I'm not sure how to get the "Make my life easier" option anymore. I know Saurik reopened it back up when 3.0.1 or 3.1 came out (I think it was one of those, but I had a 3G at the time and didn't care). I think it has to be initialized on his end. Maybe send him a tweet and see if he responds, other than that idk...

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Cydia will not ask you again, but there are a couple of work-arounds. You can get your ECID on file with Saurik (and get the 3.1.3 SHSH and all future SHSH's on file) in either of the following ways:

1) Download the Firmware Umbrella, and use it to request your 3.1.3 SHSH from the repository "Saurik - Cydia." Saurik's server will recognize that it doesn't have your 3.1.3 SHSH, will request it from Apple, and will save it for future use before sending a copy to you. It will also store your ECID so that it can automatically request new SHSH's as they become available.

2) Edit your hosts file to point to Saurik's server, then attempt to shift-restore to 3.1.2. Saurik's server will recognize that it doesn't have your 3.1.2 SHSH, will request it from Apple, it will be declined, and his server will return the "device ineligible message" to you. But his server will also store your ECID so that it can automatically request new SHSH's as they become available, and will add you to the cue for 3.1.3. You should have your 3.1.3 SHSH on file within a few hours.

Note that method 1 will give you a local backup in the unlikely event that something should happen to both Saurik's server and his backups (which are nearly instantaneous and very good, according to him).

10. jvice09 thread starter macrumors member

jvice09

you are a god on this forum latinist. i used umbrella and now i am good to go. thank you!!

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You are very welcome. I'm just glad it worked for you. I've been meaning to make a tutorial on this for a while, but since 3.1.3 isn't really useful right now I've held off. When/if a jailbreak for a phone on 3.1.3 official becomes available, I will definitely try to spread the word as much as possible.

12. romadu macrumors newbie

Worked for me too

Thanks latinist, I had the same problem (accidentally pressed the wrong part of the screen and skipped Cydia's offer) and now I've saved my SHSH