Did Santorum almost call Obama the n-word?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Mar 30, 2012.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

"Anti war, government nig---"?

I report, you decide.

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

Probably just a slip. People do that all the time. It's part of being human.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow. With the pink bowling ball comment and this, Santorum is batting 0-2 today, isn't he?

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I don't know many people who say a racial slur when they slip up.

5. eric/ Guest

eric/

He didn't say a racial slur. And our ears hear what we want them to hear, so it's very likely for us to perceive him saying the word ******, whereas it might actually sound like something else in a different context.

also, why is one racial slur ****** whereas:
    cracker

isn't?

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh boy, here we go again with the lamest excuses in the conservative arsenal. :rolleyes:

7. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Santorum is a total douche, to be sure, but my god, he's now shying away from pink bowling balls and stumbling in speeches. The horror. The horror.

Looks like it's time to ready the next Santorum thread title to be opened by morning's end, no doubt.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'd say he got about half of the way there.

----------

Howard Dean was ridiculed for a victory yell during a raucous political rally.

So I don't feel too sorry for Mr. Santorum.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- I'd say compared to Dean, this is pretty major.

This is what happens when you're a homophobic, sexist pig. You get ridiculed. And you should.

10. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I don't feel sorry for Mr. Santorum, hence why I called him a "total douche." But I'm glad to see the But But But It Happened Once To MY Team Game is alive and well.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah nice try. This is no where near the insanity released with Howard Dean's "victory yell".

12. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

nah.......it was just scattered meaningless noise......the usual from Santorum :p

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You should be horrified that Santorum is taken seriously as a candidate. It is truly frightening that someone like him got this far.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think the point is that presidential candidates on both sides have been scrutinized and ridiculed over the smallest details.

Welcome to the party, Mr. Santorum.

----------

Because victory yells are often so thoughtful and rational.

But Dean's ... OMG ... it was insane.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I am indeed horrified that some people take Santorum seriously as a candidate. I credit him in part for what now appears the increasingly likely reelection of Obama. (The good news is that his asinine social conservatism will help usher in the break between fiscal conservatives and social conservatives.)

But because I can recognize he is an idiot doesn't mean that I enjoy watching the PRSI get littered with threads devoted to when he farts each hour. There are actually some of us who are content to support something, or to oppose something, without creating a circle jerk every time that person or subject becomes only tacitly relevant. I understand, however, that might be a hard concept to swallow.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You're like the Jesus Christ of PRSI ... a benevolent and wise inspiration to us all.

Bless you.

We lost sheep need our shepherd.

17. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The problem with this sort of proverbial "just a slip" [of the tongue] is that it indicates - all too clearly - just what the person whose tongue slips is really thinking.

Exactly.

Yes. I read the 'pink bowl' thread, too. The very fact that is man is being taken seriously and actually seems to be under consideration for the Republican nomination is deeply disturbing.

There are days when I ask myself whether the right wing of the GOP is actually stark, staring, raving mad.

18. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I can't see the video, but it reminds me of the meeting he had in Iowa where he was asked about welfare, and he talked about not wanting to help black people by giving them other people's money, but by giving them an opportunity to earn money. He was on CNN afterwards, as well as other stations, claiming he didn't say "black" but he changed his thought and said something garbled that sounded like blahh...

Also can't link to youtube, but it's out there if you're curious.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh really? What does that make you? A cock-blocker? If you were truly "content to support something, or to oppose something,without creating a circle jerk ", your comments seemingly would be a bit less snarky. But no- it seems to me that your main function around here is to criticize posters, rather than discuss the subject at hand. I understand, however, that might be a hard concept to swallow.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

An internet political forum is already a circle jerk.

With each one of us is furiously pounding away at our "issues".

But apparently some here like to believe their pants aren't down at their ankles with their issues exposed for all to see.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, of course. That should be obvious from the beginning.

22. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

[Blushes for being the prettiest girl at the dance.]

23. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

No wonder my keyboard is so sticky...

---

And the right wonders why the race card gets "played so often." Well, now ya know.

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Time to queue the pig's blood?