Did the battery life improve on the non-Touchbar MBP after 10.12.2?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dingclancy23, Dec 15, 2016.

1. dingclancy23 macrumors regular

dingclancy23

Just wondering for the non-Tb MBP users. Did your battery life also improve with the latest 10.12.2 update? Since some of the touchbar guys are happy(er) with their battery life, maybe the non-tb people are even more happier?

2. dark_phoenix2000 macrumors newbie

Here is what I posted on a different thread on a similar topic. I am a recent owner of the entry model mid 2015 retina 15":

I installed the official update yesterday evening but haven't had enough time to evaluate the real impact it has made to battery life. With the hour or so I had to play around I would say it 'feels' like there is some sort of improvement, but not a drastic change. Have noticed the power usage usage at idle seems lower, but just browsing through a single Safari window on sites such as these forums, reddit, BBC News is still drawing 16 - 20+ watts.

One thing I have noticed is that the battery monitor app I use (Battery Health) doesn't seem so erratic with its time remaining estimate, and the estimate generally remains higher than it did pre update.