Did the passing of Steve Jobs change your mind about getting the iphone 4s?.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ramio, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Did the passing of Steve Jobs change your mind about getting the iphone 4s?.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Interesting post and I was thinking the same thing. I believe it will impact some people as his passing has touched them in an emotional way.

3. Deako macrumors 6502

It didnt really change my mind, but it has made me want the phone even more.

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Why would his death make me feel more inclined to spend £500?

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

6. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Yeah, now I will pay tribute to him by spending $600 ...

No it didn't. What a strange question.

7. cPol macrumors member

cPol

It shouldn't influence peoples' purchasing decisions. But it should definitely soften their opinions on the delivery of the speakers at Tuesday's event. There is no way they did not know Steve's condition was dire, and that knowledge no doubt weighed heavily upon them.

8. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Although I was disappointed with the 4S, I was still getting it because I sold my 4 last weekend. But after Steve died I realized my disappointment was stupid, really. I wanted a new case design so I had something new to hold and look at. I wanted a 4" screen but for no particular reason other then it was bigger.

So yes, Steves passing made me realize that the 4S is a pretty awesome device and nothing to be disappointed about. I'm actually really excited to get it. Plus going back to the display on my 3GS makes appreciate retina SO much more.

9. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I was wondering this, too.

I think that those who feel a genuine sense of grief at the loss of Steve Jobs may feel more inclined to get this latest 'extension of him' in response.

It'll change some minds I think, cause some people to move up their purchase.

10. gloryunited macrumors 6502

True, I feel sorry for Phil and co. It now makes more sense why the delivery of the event was a bit dull.

And to answer the question, Yes, Steve's passing did have an emotional impact on me and I want to get the 4S even more.

11. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

I believe that most people who think the way you did do so for the same reasons. If not that then for other reasons such as their friends and their big 4inch screen phones. But really. Why worry about what others have? If you genuinely want a bigger screen phone, then that's totally fine, because they're out there already. But to let others influence what you want is just wrong. Remember the old Apple saying? "Think different."

In the end of the day, its just a tool to help us get things done. And i believe the 4S continues in Steve's vision to help make tech easier with Siri. Which if you think about it, is more innovative and more important than simply having a bigger screen.

I believe Steve's passing will change some minds. There are plenty of Android phones for those that don't.

12. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

A re- designed iphone 5 would have been a fitting tribute to him which may have motivated me to buy the phone. Alas apple disappointed me. If they roll out a special tribute edition of 4S with probably the back glass with an impression of Steve i would be motivated to buy it

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No. While sad and definitely too soon, I don't make purchases based on who dies. Well, not cell phone purchases at least.
    I'm happy to return to the iPhone again. The 4s is a nice phone and nice improvements over the 3GS I had before I switched to VZW.

14. Sellador macrumors newbie

Yes, it did change my mind. I never owned an iPhone, but now I want to be part of history, have a piece of what changed the world and have something that was probably the last thing Steve Jobs has approved before his death. I want something of Steve Jobs era and witness my self his genius work

15. gloryunited macrumors 6502

You speak my mind.

16. Bronken macrumors member

Bronken

I never thought something like the death of a person would ever make me buy something but interestingly it does.

Ill buy it, dont ask me why... maybe just to support what Steve has archieved throughout his live. I dont know...

17. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Considering that Steve probably had less to do with this iPhone then any other model I don't feel any more inclined to buy it then I normally would have.

18. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

19. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Not at all. I was going to buy an iPhone 4S simply because it comes in 64 GB. And I remain very disappointed by the phone otherwise.

What SJ's passing does to in general is probably make the press stop bashing the 4S out of respect for him, which is ashame because as much as SJ deserve the praise, the phone itself was a major disappontment to many and that fact still should be communicated.

Tony

20. bluer101 macrumors regular

Nope, I have my IP4 and keeping it until I see what comes out next year. He will be truly missed as the heart and soul of Apple.

21. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I was going to get it anyway (my contract is up). However, I'm reconsidering white for some reason.

22. synagence macrumors 6502a

Changes the way i feel and responded to the keynote but not the product.

23. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I was going to upgrade anyway. However, after his death it will be known to me as the 4steve.

24. realmike15 macrumors member

No, a big part of Jobs' role was looking at the prototypes and deciding which ones would make it to production. This will definitely be a concern in the future, but I look at people like Jonathan Ives as another mastermind behind a lot of Apple's success. The team at Apple is still very good, they just need someone who can sort through their ideas and figure out which ones should become products.

Granted, that's over simplifying Steve's job a little. But it's really important to remember that his company doesn't work without the people around him.

25. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I couldn't wait to see how many frivolous topics would be created in the iPhone (and other) forum sections by people that just wanted to shoe horn the story in.

I count 4 so far including this literary marvel.

Hmmm, let me make one too...

Does Steve Jobs passing make you use your Apple devices (insert the forum category title here like iPhone, iPad, etc) a little more lovingly today?