Did Trump cheat during the debate?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 28, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How come all the responses are regarding Clinton?! :wow:

upload_2016-9-28_18-30-41.png

What say you, did he cheat? Did she? Or both? Or neither? Why or why not?

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

3. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Is that the best answer anyone can give, which has remarkably little to do with the debate since in the thread's OP I was asking about the debate?

Right now, I don't give a 4-letter word about either of their taxes.

Why not debate their debate and any questionable legitimacy as those numerous sites are suggesting, as asked? Their evidence could be phony.

What next, deflection by claiming his hair is a dead squirrel taped onto his scalp?

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Always something, eh? The right had to give up their dying-Hillary meme, so now it's that she won by cheating.

She could have won by walking in there and standing still for 90 minutes while Trump hanged himself.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Only an idiot wouldn't care about the presidents business dealings, especially a snake like trump.

To answer your question, no one ****ing cheated. Trump didn't prepare for this debate and is unable to have a civil conversation with anyone. Why would you say he cheated? wtf? Giving him a pass for his brute and ******* like behavior?

6. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Isn't the worst question:

What if the right-wing is correct?

It's not beyond the law of probability, remember that she has spent a lot more money than he is so far only to remain maybe 2 points ahead - which is not good, and with Democratic organizations (DCCC, DSCC, etc) are all scared that they're begging (for numerous reasons), when one would have thought all of this would be a cake-walk thanks to what the extreme-left-wing had been claiming....

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Because only right wingers dream up endless fanciful stories about Hillary Clinton. Anything to discredit her, real or imagined.

8. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Thank you.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Yet no left-winger has ever stooped so low or discredited or got others to believe stories to make them discredit?

Your point is otherwise well-taken, even despite

could suggest that anything real that would be worthy of discredit is not acceptable only as long as the left-wing were to do it?

Let's hope any mud slinging, as this is politics, from both sides, is based on solely imaginary trash since if she really had cheated, that makes Democrats look even worse. Ditto for Trump, whose GOP has more or less imploded since he managed to do what the other candidates couldn't and that's to address issues that were in touch as opposed to being out of touch.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The stakes of the election are high. So are peoples' emotions. The combination creates conditions that favor irrational suspicion and paranoia. Naturally those who feel like they are on the losing end (Left or Right) will reach for any theory that could explain why their preferred side isn't prevailing.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

She better savor the illusion that she won. It's all rather meaningless really. She's already bought her ticket to the top job, this stuff is smoke and mirrors.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's entirely possible Trump could win. Not likely (not at all likely) but possible. Clinton will roll out a better ground game. The down ticket races are important, particularly in the Senate; they will take most of the money late in the campaigns.

Here are things I think are not possible in 2016 (all references to "third party" mean any minor party):

A third party to win the election.

A third party to throw the election into the House.

A third party to get 15% of the vote.

A third party to win any state's electoral votes.

A thirty party to win one electoral vote..

Clinton to win the national popular vote by more than 12% margin.

Trump to win the national popular vote.

Clinton to win 360 electoral votes.​

12. samcraig macrumors P6

The evidence is so damning. Not. Only an idiot would draw a correlation from scratching her nose and then OVER A MINUTE later - the moderator chiming in. Also - I'm pretty sure that Hillary - no matter what you think of her - is smarter than to come up with a signal so obvious

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nope not suggesting that at all. Real stuff should be posted. Imaginary things or wrong data (like old polls showing Trump winning posted after the debate to make it look like Trump won) are not

14. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Great points all, thank you for responding! The more I read the more the articles and videos I had clicked on earlier do seem contrived.

Unfortunately, there's one that remains unaddressed, mostly because I stumbled on this by chance and if he reported with the latest status, then Lester Holt broke the rules and on national TV, which seems even more astonishing given that (purportedly) moderators are not allowed to have earpieces as such:

Is Alex Jones wrong regarding where the debate rules had changed since last week to disallow earpieces being allowed for moderators? Did the rules change back during the last week to allow Holt to wear one?

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I didn't expect you of all people to cave in so quickly. The dark money's not even being passed under the table yet! And who knows if it's going to Clinton? This is a year for black swans like we haven't seen since the banks cried uncle. Trump's not crying uncle yet. But I'm sure Clinton enjoyed the very real sensation of winning that debate Monday night. She looked like she was having a great time.

Don't forget to vote, just in case it's not all smoke and mirrors.

This whole thing about cheating is just the substitute meme for the one that fell apart at the debate, namely the idea that Hillary was so ill she would not be able to continue the campaign. It figures the right would segue from that into "Well then she cheated" once they realized she was hale and hearty and beating the pants off Mr. Class Clown.

16. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Is that really a thing? I know there wasn't any commercials, but usually the host of the show has to get some input by the control booth that can tell him what's going on with the feed... What is the concern... and exactly how does one cheat in a debate...during a debate?

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Moderators HAVE to have IFB's to be informed of things. Mostly they are used for breaking news or commercials but also they need to know if there are some technical problems of some sort like the televised debate between Carter and Ford when the mic audio feed went down and the televised audience could not hear them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interruptible_foldback

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Um... I get as far as Alex Jones and tend to lose interest. I guess I shouldn't since he has followers who vote.

Yah, I don't know how you cheat on a debate either. Someone whispers a GDP figure into your ear so you brightly say "it wasn't 79 trillion, it was 83 trillion." Our eyes glaze over from that stuff anyway. It's why Clinton did well to keep that down to a dull roar on Monday. She didn't have to cheat. She had to figure out when it was safe to laugh and when she should look solicitous over her opponent's snorts, snuffles and grimaces.

Seriously I'm sick of all the BS from the right that reeks of conspiracy and "cheating" and blah blah blah. If you don't bring a candidate to the Presidential dance, then shut up, go home and come back in four years. But this time the GOP messed up so badly they might not be back at all. When you get establishment Repubicans endorsing a Democrat, even a centrist Democrat, that's not just a sign of party disunity, that's the sound of a ship breaking up.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Trump and his coterie of followers are very much "Heads I win, tails you lose" people. Even by their standards, however, this is pretty pathetic.

Hillary won the debate; ergo, she cheated. :rolleyes:

20. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you're just a hillary shill

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And newspapers that haven't endorsed a democrat in over a century (or ever in the case of The Arizona Republic!) breaking tradition. That's huge. Trump is shaking things up alright, but maybe not in the way a lot of people had hoped. They will be picking up the pieces for years to come and have no one to blame but themselves.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm not familiar with such a rule. If anybody can produce proof of the by-laws that moderators are supposed to follow ... feel free to share them.

23. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

citation? was he charged?

24. Robstevo macrumors 6502

WAS TRUMP ON COKE DURING THE DEBATE?!?!?!?!/s
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Was hillary charged?/End of your argument.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

was hillary charged by the FBI? the depths you go to protect a crooked non-self made billionaire who pays 0% in federal tax. man he really does take you all for suckers