Did Trump REALLY just say that???

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by einmusiker, Feb 27, 2016.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

why mention the ethnicity of the judge in the federal university scam case? I think he's Hispanic but that's ok, that's ok. Then repeats it. Wow! Has the whole world gone crazy???

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

nah, it's always been this way :p

3. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

he seriously sounds like he's going senile. I can see how he's been able to scam so many people for so long

4. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I'm shocked that you are shocked. Sounds just like the normal Trump to me.

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I think it's gone a little weirder than usual recently.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

well certainly the internet has given it wider exposure

7. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Ok, let's take a step back, take a deep breath, and roll up the jump to conclusions mat.

In watching the video I don't hear at all Trump saying the judge is hostile because he's Spanish/Hispanic. I hear him talking in the context of the judge's recusal (which implies the judge does possesses a significant bias that requires him to remove himself from the case). It sounds more like an accusation of bias than a discriminatory comment. Trump probably perceives the bias this due to Trump's stance/past comments on immigration, Mexico, Mexicans, The Great Wall of Trump™, etc which do not necessarily fair well with hispanics (ironically it could be construed as a confession that he knows not as many hispanics love Trump as much as he says they do!). I don't know the demographics of the plaintiffs either, but he might see that as a factor too.

I will add my disclaimer that I am not a Trump fan and it loathes me to defend him, but I like to take a balanced perspective in life and not just follow headlines. If you're looking for a wrenching sound bite there are plenty of other, far more offensive examples out there :p I know everyone loves to jump down Trump's throat when he makes a perceivably discriminatory/offensive comment, but I'm not sure this is actually a good example.

8. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

NY judges are extremely politically influenced rats.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Why are people shocked with what comes out of Donald's mouth? Lol. He has no filter.

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You have not yet learned Trump Speak.

"We have a very hostile Judge. I thinks he is Hispanic but thats okay". Means exactly what the poster claims.

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well trump does have a persecution complex. he thinks the IRS has singled him out cause he is such a devout christian. not because of questionable business practices or anything like that.

12. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

That's not even the quote and you neglected to post the rest of the sentence. At least get the quote right if you're going to argue it.

The fact he's referencing the recusal implies his belief the judge is biased.

Do I think Trump is racist- probably in the sense he believes is superior, but also he thinks he's superior to everyone. I think his gauge of a person's value is based on wealth which creates a problem when dealing with underprivileged minorities and illegal immigrants. I'm just not sure he realizes it.

13. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

14. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

After quite a few years of "Well, as a *insert string of ethnic, race, and gender qualifiers* person..." statements, not to mention the constant barrage of the "black vote," the "white vote," the "hispanic vote," and whatever other label that gets tossed around when addressing anyone....

...this is the moment when people get outraged about referring to someone's ethnicity?

15. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yes, because we don't like the person saying it

16. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I respect your honesty.

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I was just answering the question not defending the practice

18. sim667 macrumors 65816

Do you reckon Trump is a crystal meth addict too?

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wouldn't surprise me if he's on meds for his ADHD.

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

At this point you probably feel fortunate to not be in the United States.

I am so ashamed over here sitting in liberal California among all the Trump bumper stickers. WTF?

People wondered how Hitler came to power in Germany in the 20th century, and at a time where that nation had liberal thinkers, but look what we are doing over here.

So many dictators have come and gone in Central and South America that I have lost count and Trump may be our first real attempt to bring in a full on dictator for North America. He may want to get rid of freedom of the press but by the threat of suing them more than taking it out of the Constitution, and he will use his New York mafia connections to both protect him and go after enemies. Some say Trump got tough fighting the mafia controlled construction industry in New York, but many believe he became one by default.

We may see a modern version of a Richard Nixon happening all over again but while Nixon had a similar dictator as an enemy in the scary J. Edgar Hoover, Trump may have no dictator enemies right now. It could be a very long four to eight years. I am a Christian and if what Cruz Christians predict, Trump will give us a very long seven years as outlined in Revelation 13. Sad and scary times for everybody and it's hard, even from my liberal points of view, to rule out an Antichrist Trump.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Like I said earlier:

Missing bullet: Neither have yet to win a war.

BL.

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

maybe it is the hair growth treatment.

23. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I don't think Trump does meds and that's the problem.

24. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

They have no case. It's all Trumped-up charges.