Did you change your mind about purchasing the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appswipe, Sep 12, 2012.

?

Did you change your mind about purchasing the iPhone 5?

1. No, I was going to buy it anyway

47 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. No, I WASNT going to buy it anyway

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. Yes, I was going to buy but now I wont

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. I havent decided

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. appswipe, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

appswipe macrumors 6502

Did you change your mind about purchasing the iPhone 5 now that it's real?
    If you changed your mind an feel brave then you can say what made you reconsider.

EDIT: Sorry but I messed up poll by not putting "I wasn't going to buy but now I will". Oops.

2. torana355 macrumors 68020

The half assed taller design just confirmed my decision to move over to the new 4G S3 when it is released in Australia. Im a huge Apple fan and will keep buying macs ect but Apple will have to do alot better then a spec bump with a stretched screen in today's phone market to keep my business.

3. leenak macrumors 68020

4. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

I am thinking the $99 4S looks like a better deal! Wasn't really all that impressed with it. I think we are kinda hitting the wall with the iPhone! We will see though! Not sure as of now.

5. ewils19 macrumors 6502

No. I had already decided not to upgrade from my 4S and the keynote just affirmed that decision.

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

7. elmz macrumors regular

I won't be rushing to order one but I will give it a fair go when its available to play around with at the Apple store. Only making the screen longer is a turn off for me. I think I may stick with my 4 for a bit longer.

8. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

If the iPhone 5 had NFC, T-Mobile support, a software release worthy of an X.0 name, and a reasonable unlocked price tag, THEN I would consider purchasing it.
    Lumia 820, here I come. :)

9. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

No, I have been waiting to upgrade for my iPhone 4 for a while.

10. Kukulcan macrumors 6502

Where is that option?

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Oops pressed the wrong button. I won't be buying it anyways.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll be buying it. True there's no surprises from the media event, but I wasn't expecting any. Enough information was leaked to know what we'll be getting and what apple has to offer is fine by me.

13. appswipe, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

appswipe thread starter macrumors 6502

I havent decided yet because they're being very focused on directing our eyes at what they want us to see and making us forget about the most important part. Real world usage. Im not fully against a 16:9 screen, but nobody is showing us why this is a better aspect ratio than a 4" 4:3. (And my finger is pointing at the media footage I've seen where they seem so obsessed with the outside of the phone that they aren't actually USING it to see how the aspect ratio affects usage)

14. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I don't think I will be getting this one. I don't have an upgrade, and my 4S is still going strong. See you next year iPhone 5S;)

15. Syk macrumors 6502a

I waited to see what the iPhone 5 was going to be like. I'm going with the Note2. It's better suited for my needs.

Im not heavily invested in the ecosystem so that helps but i do have an ipad so its not like i'll be throwing my appscaway. To each their own.

I have a few friends who plan to get one and will play with theirs for a hands on.

16. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

For some reason I didn't find this iPhone as interesting as the last. I think ill stick with my 4s as with iOS 6 it runs everything.

17. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I was definitely going to buy, but I think I'll just stick with my 4S. My reason is the Lightening adaptor not having iPod Out capability. So, if I buy the iPhone 5, I won't be able to listen to my music during my long commutes. That's the deal breaker for me. Kind of sad Apple lost an order over something so simple.