Did you get your 2.8% pay raise?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, Dec 19, 2008.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Congress sure did.

Between the dynasties and money grubbing, I'd rather deal with WBC than these people.

2. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

As the article points out, they just made a big deal of calling on automakers and other industries to reduce their salaries. As poorly as Detroit and Wall Street have been managed, DC is just as bad.

Do I expect them to work for free or go back to $75/day? No. But with the economy in shambles, do they really need that pay raise more than the rest of America? Why not spend it on something else or - forbid the thought - reduce deficit spending?

EDIT - that was weird, I thought there was a post in response to this thread. where'd it go?

3. Queso macrumors G4

I got 10%, but as it's in Pounds that's still a 20% drop in international terms. Never mind eh? It's only money :)

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I get about a 8% raise every year at my job. My next one is in March.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I got nothing last year, and probably won't this year either. My company just laid off 12 people yesterday. They'll use the "bad economy" as an excuse once again, give people making $70,000 or more raises, and leave the rest of us in the dirt. And then they'll turn around and tell us how the company is on "solid financial ground". :rolleyes:

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I must remember to remind myself to give me a raise.

7. Queso macrumors G4

Just give yourself a bigger dividend. Much better on the tax front :cool: