Did you have to *tweak* your Alu macbook to get it perfect?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Andrew K., Jan 20, 2009.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

This is not a complaint forum :) don't worry but I did have to do these things to make my new Aluminum macbook look better, I know the manufacturing process cannot be totally PERFECT, so here's what I had to do:

1. Fix slanted F keys: fixed it by taking thick paper like a junk mail card and lift them up on the opposite side for 1 minute each ( had to do this for about 3 days )

2. Black hinge off center: I noticed my hinge was off to the right and I could see a smaller metal rod more so than the other. AGAIN I took the thick paper, close my macbook , turned it around to face the hinge and slide it over to the center.

3. The Screen : I know we have all had issues so I just downloaded a preset calibration on the forums, although it still does not handle Blacks very well especially when at an angle.

So have any of you had to do these things? Or something different?

2. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

I downloaded a color profile and calibrated the screen. Other than that, mine has been great as-is!

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I have a couple of slanted keys but I never bothered fixing them, they don't bug me that much.
    I did calibrate my screen and order a replacement battery cover from Apple.

4. sutom macrumors newbie

Was that the Adobe one? Can a new color profile screw up the screen at all?

I'm getting a Macbook soon so any way to improve the screen colors would be great, I've not done anything like that before though. Hope I don't get any slanted F-keys or anything :)

5. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

Go to this thread and this one. People posted several color profiles that improve the look of the MacBook screen. The one I settled on was pstube's.

No, it won't screw up your screen. If you install one you don't like, you can easily switch back to the original color profile.

6. sutom macrumors newbie

Just had a look, and will definitely give them a try. Most helpful, thanks!

7. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Nope works fine, glare is an issue with the screen, but I can't really fix that.

8. lavadranzer macrumors newbie

The Adobe color profile is too blue. The default one is perfect.