Did you install iOS 8 on iPad Mini retina display? Are you happy?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FatPuppy, Sep 20, 2014.

?

Did you install iOS 8 on your iPad Mini Retina Display ?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2014.
  1. Yes I did because I wanted to

29 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. Yes, by mistake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I don't want to

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I am conflicted, I don't know if I should update my retina mini to ios 8 or not. I use my ipad mainly for games and I just read on a blog that Metal is not available on ios 7. Custom keyboards, widgets, Metal, all these make me update my ipad but my lag OCD really pushes me back. I can't bare any lag but there are some lags in ios 7 that have been fixed in ios 8 and some ios 8 lags that aren't in ios 7. Also, how do the Apple apps like imovie, pages and other work on ios 8, are they laggy? Is anyone regretting updating to ios 8?

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

3. begemotik228 macrumors member

Updated on my mini retina and so far been very satisfied, everything works noticeably faster and lags less not more. If you're concerned about your apps check the Updates section in the App Store. I've had a whole bunch of my apps receive iOS 8 updates. Even if they haven't been updated that doesn't mean you'll be having problems with them.

4. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

No problems at all for me with IOS 8 on either my iPad rMini or my iPhone 5 or my iPhone 6. Not sure what everyone are complaining about really.

5. Padmini macrumors 6502a

Lag?? Is there lag??? How much does it lag????

Seriously? Just update and stop whining.

6. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Keyboard pop up lag and orientation lag

7. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

The only thing that bothers me is that the notifications sometimes stick & it's really tilting #

8. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

9. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Seriously stop whining people whining something... This is very annoying...

10. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Haven't seen that problem.

11. graley macrumors regular

Ios8

I have installed and it works well. If you want to stay back then don't touch it. It needs just a bit of patience, research and persistence, and you will never look back. The features are awesome.

12. nickyD410 macrumors 6502

nickyD410

13. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

ios8 is working very smoothly on my iPad retina mini. Installing it for features like quick reply, extensions and widgets seems like a no-brainer to me. I am noticing a very slight lag in Safari though (mostly when it comes to switching tabs). I intend to reset my iPad min, will update later if there is any change (or none). :)

14. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

15. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Are you serious? Look again.

Keyboard lags while popping up. Especially in Safari because Apple now uses annoying translucency effect in address bar drop down menu. It's deliberately been added to tax iPad's GPU and cripple our device. That was clearly noticeable during all the beta period.

Apple apologists can go somewhere else. The lag is here to stay and make our life miserable.

PS: If you disable transparency/translucency effect in accessibility settings, the lag magically disappears but the UI becomes fugly.

Bonus feature is all 3 iPad Airs now randomly reboot with kernel panic. To reproduce this problem, use Safari heavily for 2-3 days and it surely will buckle under pressure.

16. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I did it because I needed to have same iCloud as my iPhone. ios7 and ios8 iclouds aren't compatible.

17. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

It seems to be working very well for me. No noticeable lag or any other issues so far. In fact, I don't know if I'm going crazy, but is RAM handled in a different way in iOS 8? I seem to have a lot less pages reloading and apps restarting since the update.

18. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I upgraded my iPad Mini retina to iOS 8 and it works just fine. No lag and no problems.

19. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

All I can say is I'm not seeing this lag. I am typing this in Safari and just touched the address and the keyboard jumped up immediately. Sorry you are so miserable.

20. aleni macrumors 68020