Did you just get your Iphone5? how's the condition?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theactor19, Oct 16, 2012.

1. theactor19 macrumors newbie

This thread is for the people who just got their iPhone 5 (within the past week or 2). I am waiting to pull the trigger on buying it, but want to see if the new phones have solved the chipping/scratching issues. So if you just recently got your iphone, any chips on the bezel? scratches on the back? was this out of box? how's the wear after using it since you got it?

Thanks!

2. jcbauerca macrumors member

jcbauerca

Received mine on September 21 as a pre-order from Verizon. It was in perfect condition no scratches or anything. I put a Ghost Armor on the front back and sides and have been carrying it without a case, while playing golf and keeping it in my pocket with dirt, tees, divot tools and coins.

The phone is still pristine and everything works as expected. Battery life is good but I turn LTE off when I don't need to surf. This extends the battery life almost by double. The 3G on Verizon is good enough for email and most apps.

3. Ronnoco, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

USA
    Upgraded from 4S
    Received 10-15 (yesterday), 16GB black GSM week 39 build date.
    Factory: DN (China, Chengdu - Foxconn)
    Perfect condition, no smudges or scratches.
    No wifi or LTE issues, no "yellow or blue" display issues, no dead pixels.
    Battery life has been very good so far.
    Took 30 days to receive but couldn't be happier now that I have it. This thing is gorgeous and lightning fast.

4. Carolina blue macrumors member

I received my black 32 gig verizon iphone 5 this morning. It is flawless. Where does it state the build week?

5. tucker3434 macrumors regular

6. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Black 64GB last Friday, Scuff and damage where the glass meets the metal.
    Thinking about going for the White version.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

8. lovetamarav macrumors regular

White 32GB for Verizon. Purchased 10/12/12. Perfect condition. No scuffs, scratches, bends, etc.

Build week 39.

9. Carolina blue macrumors member

10. theactor19 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. kalexn macrumors 6502

I got mine October 4th and it was week 38. No issues.

12. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

I'm posting here simply so I can follow this thread. I've pre-ordered mine through AT&T and expect to get it the first part of November. It is on backorder still... ordered the 32GB White.

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Mine was a replacement, week 39. Scuffs all along the edges on the back. Worse than my original week 34 phone.

14. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

I picked my 16gb black/slate model up on Saturday 13th of October.

Week 38.

No scuffs.
    No dints or dings.
    No screen issues.
    No wifi problems.

Fingers crossed no issues apart from getting used to such a light phone after using the 4 and 4s !

Happy days.

15. HighEndMac macrumors regular

I am on my second iPhone 5 (Black 64GB) and waiting for my third replacement. The first one I got had one chip on the bottom of the bezel. In the grand scheme of things, not really a huge deal and I know it will eventually get scratched but I feel that if it does get scratched, it should be by me and not by Apple right out of the box. So I call Support and they replaced it, very nice by the way. So I get my 2nd iPhone 5 and this one is even worse than my first. It made me think that I should have just dealt with it and not be so anal. The 2nd one was noticeably ******** quality in more ways than just the scratches. So called Apple again and told them what was up. They are sending me a 3rd replacement now, but made me return the 1st iPhone and keep the 2nd replacement one which I was not very comfortable doing because the 2nd one was noticeably worse. I know I am being picky but I expect a new product for a new product price. I just hope #3 will be pristine, but it’s really just a gamble.
    My advice would be if you are only working with a small chip but everything else is A-ok just keep it. Iv even notice a difference in screen quality on my 2nd iPhone Vs. the 1st. Don’t know if it’s because they started using LG screen and not Samsung or what…

1st iPhone 5 - Pre-order, second wave of shipments
    2nd iPhone 5 - Got it Oct. 7th
    3rd iphone 5 - Pending....

16. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Got my iPhone on release day (pre order) Week 34, scratch on bezel and marks on top of aluminium.

Didn't return it for those reasons (mainly due to fear of worse damage) but have since been experiencing other issues (No service, disconnection problems) so I called Apple last week. I have a replacement coming tomorrow. It seems to be 'newer' stock as it wasn't sourced straight away so I'm hoping it is perfect.

Will report back once I've inspected it.

17. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Came mint condition, no chips, scuffs, nothing. I have a black i5

18. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

1st one i got from Target: cosmetically it was flawless. However the top portion of the digitizer was defective. I was getting the white squares along the top of the screen.

2nd one i got was through Apple. Had hairline scratches on one side of the former antenna band, a bad gash on the back, so i returned that one.

3rd one I was about to get had a some blemishes along the sides.

the one i have now pretty much flawless. couldn't be happier.

btw, this is the black version.

19. Mikex6956 macrumors newbie

Terrible NO ! I receive my second brand new seal iphone 5 64gb black version . When i opened the box i just make a fast visual checking to be sure it was ok and it was all scratch,dents and **** seriously a couple of big scratch around the edge.
    This is a joke ??? come-on APPLE we are 1 month after the launch and you still sale scrap units?

20. lawlbringer macrumors regular

I take it you're using a case to cover that up? That sounds pretty bad...

21. iAi macrumors 6502

F
    l
    a
    w
    l
    e
    s
    s

Speediest, most beautiful and the best smartphone in the planet!

22. bks691 macrumors regular

23. theactor19 thread starter macrumors newbie

24. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Unfortunately can't speak for myself yet, but 3 people i know who have got it have no problems, and another person had a scratch so unnoticable that he didnt even know it was there until i told him about scuffgate and we inspected his phone.

Overall I really want my phone and I wish foxconn would get their **** together and treat their workers like human beings so i can get my phone:D

25. northwarks macrumors newbie

sadly

I was lucky and had mine delivered on launch day ... had a hot pixel but other than that flawless but the pixel turned into pixels and I couldn't ignore them anymore so got a replacement delivered yesterday - All I can say is I'd wished I'd kept the original -

Week 37:
    Black around edge is damaged
    Home Button doesn't work
    Screen isn't black (original was jet black edge to edge)

Gutted ......