Did you mange to get IUP in store for you online pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Picapau21, Sep 18, 2016.

?

Did you mange to get IUP in store for you online pre-order?

1. Managed to get IUP

42.9%
  2. Had to Pay in Full

28.6%
  3. Got kicked out the store and decided to write Timmy boy a long email about the failings of Apple

28.6%
  1. Picapau21 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Just wondering what happened to those that pre-ordered online for store pick-up? Did you manage to convert it to the IUP or did you have to pay the whole amount there and then?

Intrigued, as many people said they were going to try and get the IUP in store as the reservation website was down.

2. Picapau21 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. zain1113 macrumors newbie

Went to the apple store with my reservation and got kicked out saying the reservation is for iup only. Wanted to cancel my ATT next and buy it in store

4. Picapau21 thread starter macrumors 6502

The whole IUP system this year was quite difficult to get into. I was into the website the minute the opened for pre-orders at 8:02 BST but then couldn't get to the reservations page till after 8:30. By that point everything was gone.

5. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

I am curious about this too, as I applied with my online preorder (not coming until November) but was going to try to reserve one in store this week. If I can find one, I wondered if I will I have to apply for the program again (with another hard pull credit check), or if they could they use my previous application.

6. CptGabok macrumors member

Can I ask, are you the primary account holder for your carrier? I was told they couldn't verify my credit info and it may be because I'm not the primary account holder for my AT&T plan.

7. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

My spouse is the primary holder, I am an authorized user on the account. I don't know what would happen in store, but the online preorder went smoothly.

8. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I reserved several on the iup site, went into the store and payed full retail, only difference from previous years is that, I have a 10 line att account and always buy outright, this year they gave me a real hard time about the 2 per customer limit, whereas in previous years I go buy them all on my card, this year I had to have wife sisters and gang with me

9. CptGabok macrumors member

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!