Did you oppose a larger screen when it was 3.5'', and have you changed your mind?

What do you think of the screen size now?

• Total voters

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
I know a lot of people on here complained about screens larger than 3.5'', claiming that size was absolute perfection for a phone. Of you that believed that, and have now experienced the 4'' iphone 5, have you changed your tune? :)

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
The iPhone is the only smartphone I've ever owned. When the rumors were saying there was going to be a bigger screen, I was assuming it would be both wider and longer. I was all for it! When the iPhone 5 was announced I was a little skeptical that it was only longer and not wider, and thought it would be kinda goofy. Now that I've owned the iPhone 5, I get it and really enjoy it. I've picked up my old iPhone 4 a few times and the screen looks goofy compared to the new dimensions. The old 3.5" screen looks "scrunched".

The new screen is a welcome addition!

MF878

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
When the larger screen was first rumored last year, I was practically on my knees begging for it not to occur. It didn't then, but when the taller screen idea started floating around this year, I became less skeptical, because the big thing I was worried about, width, would remain the same. I've been using some 5s and now I can't look at the old 3.5" screens normally. Wish Apple would hurry the **** up and give me mine.

Trager

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
I wish you'd put up a fourth option -- I didn't want the increase in screen size, and I'm ambivalent in my response. It's nice for reading on some apps, but it is more of a pain in the ass to use one-handed (which is a large proportion of my phone use). The fact that the majority of apps are still letterboxed is also the reason I didn't change to a white iPhone when my original black one came damaged in box, despite the obvious advantage in being immune to visible scratches on the aluminum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.