Did you use the Next Plan over the 2yr contract...if you did..why...just curious

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by takufu01, Sep 12, 2015.

1. takufu01, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

takufu01 macrumors regular

I took the 2yr contract over the Next Plan...having some 2nd thoughts...did anyone else do this?...like to hear why...

2. fsumom macrumors regular

I did. Honestly, it would cost less for us over the course of 2 years with the contract but I really just wanted to get the 6s without paying anything out of pocket. I haven't looked into this yet but I'd like to pay off the phones prior to 2 years to reduce our monthly bill.

3. takufu01 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks....think I'm going to the Next Plan....talked with an ATT rep and I can change it after I get my phone...since there is no change to my data plan or phone plan...I'm like you...rather not put money out if I can avoid it...

4. lsh macrumors 6502

I am happy with it. I did Next 12 last year and was able to prepay one month so I was eligible to pre order with Apple. Then I decided to pay off full 20 months so I can keep and sell the phone for more than what I paid off.
    It gives you lots of options. I have 4 phones on the account and our data rate is good I think.

5. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I used Next this time because I am on a family plan and it's a better deal on family plans than 2 year contract.
    Plus no upfront money except tax, and when the 7 comes out I can upgrade again.
    For me there is no downside.

6. takufu01 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for replying....I think I will switch to the Next plan when I get my phone....what you described is exactly how I initially felt....was worried there were additional fees for using the Next plan...but after speaking to a customer rep found out there weren't any and I could keep my unlimited data...

7. fsumom macrumors regular

Well, you can tell how not in tune I am with these things. I'm actually going with the Verizon Plan, not ATT. Regardless, I think I'll be happy with my choice.