iPhone X Did your iPhone X’s battery life improve over time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TNThomas, Feb 20, 2018.

1. TNThomas macrumors 6502a

TNThomas

I used my X for the first time for a full day today, and I have 15% left. This is less than what I read here from others. I have things like auto-brightness, app refreshing, and location (for most apps) off.

Could it be possible the battery life will get better after charging the X a few times?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Battery usage depends on a lot of variables that often change moment to moment.

Weak cell signal can use more battery.
    Watching videos
    GPS
    Cold environment

3. Ffosse macrumors 68000

It's unlikely to improve over time; more likely to see better battery life because you're no longer constantly playing with it.

4. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

Post a screen shot of your battery settings (showing which apps used how much charge). It can help determine any unusual activities causing drainage.

5. TNThomas thread starter macrumors 6502a

TNThomas

Here is my drainaige over the past 24 hours. One picture is with time and other one without it. Do you see anything unusual things?

Attached Files:

6. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

If it lasted a full days worth of usage and you still had 15% left, then what is the problem?

I always carry a portable charger with me when I am out for the day. I can't recommend them highly enough.

7. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

What were you doing on Safari? Just curious on what Safari Audio is because I had a problem where camera audio would cause battery drainage.

8. Sheldonsmith macrumors 6502

Sheldonsmith

I have not noticed any difference in the months I have owned the phone. As compared to having a Plus size phone , I find the X has less battery life overall (but I realize the improved screen and reduced battery size are negative factors to battery life).

9. TNThomas thread starter macrumors 6502a

TNThomas

Browsing some websites (news, forums, and social media) and a bit of YouTube, but not much. So nothing that could drain the battery...

I also wonder what ‘audio’ means in this case.

10. Banich2 macrumors regular

I’ve never seen Safari Audio before, either

11. TNThomas thread starter macrumors 6502a

TNThomas

I think the Safari audio shoukd he FaceTime. When I look now at my drainage, it is ‘fixed’. Now audio is shown at FaceTime instead of Safari.

12. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I wouldn't put much stock in posts that claim GREAT battery performance. They may be falsified, and we usually don't get accurate info on how they are using their iPhones.

My numbers may help you more. I have app refresh off on all but 4-5 apps. Brigthness usually around 60%. Sometimes higher.

But, whatever I do, I usually get on average 10% drainage per one hour of screen time. The first hour is always higher, but balances out over day.