Didn't Take Trump Long to **** All Over His Supporters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, May 5, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As we all knew, Donny can't afford to self-fund his campaign.

By the way, Steven Mnuchin is a Goldman Sachs guy with ties to, wait for it, your favorite boogeyman, George Soros.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/05/trump-big-donors-super-pacs/

2. thewap, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

The donations are for the GOP senate runs and congress. He already stated that, - not for him.

That is the function of the party leader.

Net worth at that scale is pretty hard to value..let's say the buildings are one thing, the values of the businesses another. US and international investments another.

It is quite easy to write a hit piece on any billionaire, while much more difficult to put values off the cuff of such a large enterprise.

For your purposes, let's just say he is poor, and he should be on welfare.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Clickbait.
    But rdowns can do better than this.

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Actually, that's the function of the RNC Chairman. Trump will be soliciting money for his General Election bid.

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I love how you defend his ******** at every turn.

From Reuters...

--- Post Merged, May 5, 2016 ---
    How is it click bait? He said he was going to self-finance and he didn't. He said he wouldn't take money from big donors but he now says he will. He said he won't owe anyone anything because he won't take their money and now he is. He hired a Goldman Sachs guy with ties to @thewap 's favorite boogeyman.

Admit ti dude, you fell for it all hook, line and sinker.

I bet the first thing he does when the money comes in is repay his loans to his "self-financed" campaign.
    Trump will get rid of that weasel very soon.

6. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Yes and Trump will help. He will not accept donations from special interest.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-but-not-from-lobbyists-or-special-interests/

Awww getting personal again... I'm flattered. :D

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I didn't hear the first time about his stating that the money would go to other Republicans. That doesn't mean he didn't say it before. Like me, rdowns probably did not hear the first time he said it. If Clinton can do that for Democrats, he can for Republicans. Ideally, there should just be a set pool of tax money for elections and all donations banned, since that encroaches on plucroatic oligarchy as opposed to a democratic republic. Ideally, donations would not mean a "return on investment" but so many people believe that's what happens that something new could be put in to allay fears of claimed corruption by capital.

Net worth at that scale is a good point.

Hit pieces are easy, on a general level. With detail and nuance, it becomes more complex as to external criteria.

The last I'd read, even people in modest surroundings making $250k/yr is poor:

https://www.google.com/search?q=250,000+poor
    (arguments for and against the notion all come up and all make for fun reading)

8. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Damn, didnt know it cost that much to run, why not just put that money towards the homeless or needy here and just have these people run on a certain news channel or channels...

9. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Palo Alto, CA just voted to allow subsidized housing to those making less than $250k.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Thread title question:

Didn't Take Trump Long to **** All Over His Supporters

did you mean he "screwed over all his supporters" or he "jizzed all over his supporters"?

11. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Let's see. In August, when it political expedient to do so, he said he wouldn't take money from "special interests."

But, apparently, things have changed.

And, @rdowns is right to note that Trump will likely use campaign money from the GOP and his new money men to pay back loans he made to his campaign.

What a scam.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes. He may even turn a profit!

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if Hillary supporters don't care what Hillary does, WHY should the trump supporters be any different?

14. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I really don't care where he gets his money from and I don't think any of his supporters do either.

So his stance on the matter has "evolved". Isn't that what the Dems call it?

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think it's vital to tell the truth about either candidate. Hillary Clinton is hoarding funds meant for down-ballot candidates. Trump risked his own money, but will ultimately turn a profit and raise funds through major GOP channels—just like every other GOP candidate.

If Hillary Clinton is beholden to Goldman Sachs—and I think she is—so too is Donald Trump.

Hey, if his stance has evolved out of political expediency that's no shame, but don't tell me that he's better than the rest of the money-grubber who have to cash checks from big-money GOP donors.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not even close to being equivalent. Unlike Trump's claim, I don't think Hillary could shoot someone on 5th avenue and have her supporters still not care. On the other hand, I believe Trump when he says that he could.

17. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Are you okay? I remember him clearly saying he was self funding the nomination and he will accept money in the general

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the bought delegates she got are worth more than any interest she might have charged.
    ha, she came she saw he died & she laughed.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump risks millions in self funding his Republican nomination and is now going to start fundraising, meanwhile Hillary has been whoring out her services for fundraising, favors, and influence for years and no one complains.

20. thewap, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I think the witch supporters are trying to justify her practices in "campaign donations" she has been receiving throughout her career, her superpacs, and the Clinton Foundation "charity".

One difference between Trump's way of doing it than the others;

Primaries:
    The other candidates all funded by campaign contributions and superpacs, Cruz for instance has 4 superpacs - the so called "never Trump Movement", and also took a one million loan from Goldman's that he did not disclose.
    Cruz is beholden to all the donors / billionaires and lobbies, and also owes on Goldman's loan.
    GOP campaign / donations costs for the candidates I would estimate around close to 200 - 300 million more or less so far. We now know $77 million was spent on anti-Trump ads 65000 of them on the GOP side LOL.

Trump financed his campaign himself loaning the money to the GOP and is beholden to no one. He also stated that he would take contributions when and if he won the nomination, but not from lobbies or hedge fund managers. Now that he won,he is also contributing more to the cause of his party for the senate and congress.

Trump has probably spent around $48 million himself so far and that money is set up as a loan which means the GOP is beholden to him. Now some here complain "what a scam he is making interest!". lol. Of course loans are loaned out for interest, it's called "financing" -he is a business man, but now Trump is in position where the GOP owes him, not the reverse. - BRILLIANT!

I think it is estimated that the Hillary camp will reach 2 billion? maybe someone can chip in.

21. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

@thewap - I think you said that nicely.

Did you happen to see Gerkin's analysis of Ryan and Trump? I think very highly of Gerkin.

22. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Thanks ! - No, can't find it, do you have a link?

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

So sorry. He's on CNN as we speak.

Honestly, I don't feel qualified to recap his thoughts, but I hope you can replay CNN's Don Lemon Show tonight. Im not a huge fan of Lemon, but he asked a few very good, thought provoking questions to his panel.

24. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

He got em right in the eye

25. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The nearly 10,000,000 people that cast a primary ballot for Bernie Sanders disagree.