Didnt the iPhone 4 arrive one day early?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waltermitty, Sep 14, 2012.

1. waltermitty macrumors member

I ordered at midnight when the iPhone 4 preorder was available, and received it on the following Thursday if I remember correctly.

I remember this because I was using my iPhone 4 while sitting in a restaurant across from the Apple store that Friday watching the giant line from the window, laughing.

Is this likely to happen again? Did it happen with the 4S?

2. applefan022 macrumors 6502

happened for the iPhone 4 for me but on the iPhone 4S it showed up release day.

3. theking79 macrumors 6502

It doesn't happen anymore.

The couriers hold the phone until release day now, they are not allowed to deliver a day early. This has happened since the 4S.

4. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Most 4 were held, but a good number got delivered early. I don't think many 4s did tho.

5. waltermitty thread starter macrumors member

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I know people in FedEx and they are all under lock and key until the day of delivery. No chance of them getting out early again.

7. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

I think UPS or FedEx whoever dropped them off fixed that but yes my 4 should up early as well.

8. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

They will show up when Apple tells FedEx (or whoever) to deliver them. I got an email FROM APPLE telling me the 4 would be delivered a day early. It came exactly when Apple told me it would. For now, they are saying Friday. We can hope they change it though. :)