Die at&t die die die you terrible terrible company

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I placed my iphone 5 pre order at 12:27 eastern standard time. My account address info was wrong since I receive paperless billing. Not wanting to have my precious iphone 5 sent to a place I no longer lived, I ordered from AT&T. Splashed all over ATT's website was the fact that preorders will deliver the 21st.

All week my order said processing but I assumed all was well. Checked today and my order no longer exists. I called up and was informed that even though I had a confirmation email stating delivery on the 21st from 12:29 they did not process my order until 4:30 the next day.

Now my estimated delivery time is 15-21 business days

[​IMG]

Thank you ATT. You never fail to utterly disappoint me at every single opportunity.

Those who ordered from ATT.com better check on your order status.

2. xmarcuswildx macrumors 6502

I got one even better. I ordered the 14th, my order status page says I ordered the 17th. Absolutely ridiculous.

3. hottnikkz macrumors newbie

A few people at work that ordered from AT&T also received this email. One was able to go on the website and see that it was shipped already. The other was still processing. I don't want to give you false hope or anything but thought I'd add to the conversation the info I had.

4. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

It could be almost Halloween when I get my phone.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

And this is EXACTLY why I did not order from AT&T this year as they screwed up so bad last year!

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Just go to your local iPhone retailer(bestbuy walmart,target,radioshack,or carrier) and pick one up

7. zubins macrumors newbie

its just a phone, dude

8. bumblehat macrumors regular

Ordered a White 64GB for the folks on the 14th, says ordered the 16th (Sunday), delivery in "14 ? 21 days".

For myself, I switched to Verizon and that phone is on track (knock on wood) to arrive on Friday by 3 pm.

9. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Cancel it and camp out. This is why you always go with apple not providers.

10. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

I specifically ordered online to avoid the hoards of anxious, unwashed, launch day people. Some people relish the shared retail experience. I hate it.

God I wish Verizon could do data and voice simultaneously. I thought this was the year I could escape ATT, and their underdelivering, customer last ways.

Is it that hard to just put the preorders in chronological order?

11. nostresshere macrumors 68030

12. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

anyone know if costco will have it?

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I know it's fashionable to blame everything on AT&T, but your account must be in order first. Even if you think everything is fine, if you have not performed a verification prior to pre-ordering you are exposing yourself to problems.

For four years in a row I have received my AT&T iPhone on release day or the day before at 9:40 am to 9:50am via FedEx. It's the best service ever.

My brother orders via Apple and has to wait all day... That's nothing against Apple, It's UPS vs FedEx and where you are on the route. I use Apple for everything else. A minimum of once a year I order the latest BTO MBP, MBA etc and always receive stellar service.

It's all about the buyer being organized, verifying that there are no billing or credit card issues _before_ attempting to pre-order.

Neither Apple or AT&T can accept or process an order for a customer with account, or payment issues.

14. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Does Costco carry any apple products? They used to, but Apple won't let them discount them, so Costco doesn't sell the stuff. Way back when, they carried iPods for $10 off list price.

(At least that's the way it is in SoCal.)

15. mentalcase macrumors member

Costco does not sell the iPhone.

16. golfesv macrumors member

Yea I totally second that you people need to relax its a phone and you will get it eventually. Stop acting like it's the end of the world, they had over 2 million orders what you expect?

17. alent1234 macrumors 603

Year after year people don't learn
    Order from apple if you want to preorder

18. johnspin macrumors newbie

You are either lying about ordering it at 12:27AM EST. The preorders went live at 3AM EST.

The other conclusion is that you ordered at 12:27PM EST which is past the 12:00 cut off that was said by att support.

So either way you will most likely not get the phone on friday, and it's not ATT's fault. You could have ordered earlier. I do understand how the sign on the website is incorrect, but **** happens, and you have to deal with it.

19. The New iPad macrumors regular

What an unintelligent thing to say.

20. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Exactly.....people act like At&T will be only place to get a iPhone 5

21. XFactorer macrumors regular

First world problems, huh?

Mine's stuck in Louisville, KY for over 24 hours.

22. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

This is user error. Don't blame at&t for your incompetence.

but yeah..**** att:cool:

23. audipartners macrumors member

audipartners

agree

agree...ordered from apple though....right around midnight...they could not connect with att....got the reservation....reservation code would not work...had to REORDER through apple on 1-800-MY-APPLE...ship date is now Oct 10-16 cause ONE of the systems is screwed up...called several times and they coudl care less...

I am going to try and see if anyone can help me at an apple store...getting the run around on the phone sucks....if I am told so what in person..then it is what it is..

have a reservation number and case number to show my proof by it may...and probably will not matter...but who knows...

24. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

Ugh i remember i got a sweet deal with my iPod touch. Oh well

25. mellofello, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

I was trying to put it into context, and misspoke. I live in hawaii and my order processed at 9:27 pm my time. 12:27 am pacific, and 3:27 am eastern.

As to those trying to deflect any blame of this on me. My credit card has a zero balance and a $60,000 credit limit. My AT&T account is on auto pay and I was out of contract. I checked my upgradability through both apple's, and AT&T's sites.

This is 100% the fault of AT&T being a terrible poorly managed company.

It is just a phone but I did all my due diligence to assure that I was first in line, however AT&Ts procedures has put others who ordered later then me ahead. That is unfair, and false advertising.

I feel completely justified in being livid.

I did not see the AT&T preorder sticky before posting this. I am not alone. There are scores of other devoted iOS fans who ordered moments after the site went live, who will either be waiting for weeks, or braving mile long lines on Friday. We all took AT&T at their word that we would be getting our phones as stated on Friday.

Look at the top of the page at the sticky. There are 100s of people posting the same situation as I am.

AT&T broke their promise. They are a pos company. End of story.