different charging status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijha, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ijha, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

ijha macrumors regular

ijha

Hi, Everyone. I have a quick question.

My 4s iphone's battery status (with the plug icon) shows it is 100% charged while my itunes is still showing it is being charged (with the lightning icon). Is it a common problem?

btw, both are with the newest versions.

Thanks a lot. :)

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I'm pretty sure that any time your phone is connected to the computer it will show the charging icon, no matter how full the battery is.

3. ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Thanks for the quick reply. If so, is this specific to the new iphones? I have a 3rd or 4th generation ipod and my itunes (though it is in my other old macbook pro) shows the plug icon when it is fully charged.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

It will switch from the charging lightning symbol to the plug symbol once charging is fully complete; it can sit at 100% with the lightning symbol for a while before switching over.

5. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

hmmm i've never had that happen before, mine is usually instant once it hits 100%

6. ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Hmm...
    Last time, my itunes had been showing the lightning symbol for like 30-45 minutes after my iphone changed the symbol from the lightning to the plug. Then I pulled it out.

I will connect my iphone to the computer again. Let's see what happens when it is fully charged.

Thanks,

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

I misunderstood, thinking you were talking about the indicator on the iPhone. I rarely plug the phone into my computer, I have a sync cord sitting in front of my monitor that's connected to the power adapter behind the desk and use that to charge.

I'd go with what the phone claims, but it'd be interesting to see what happens if you leave it hooked to the computer overnight sometime.

Just checked on my phone with the power adapter -- It took about five minutes for the indicator on the phone to switch to the plug after reaching 100%.

8. ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Thanks for the feedback.

Just quick update: my iphone is 100% charged and has been showing the plug symbol for like 20 minutes. My itunes is still showing the lightning symbol.
    :confused:

9. ijha, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Final Update: my itunes has finally changed its symbol (the plug symbol) after 1 hour 30 minutes after my iphone's (alleged) full charge.
    I don't know what causes this problem. But, anyway, I'm relieved. Thanks a lot everyone.

After-thought: I guess this problem is due to the inactivity of iTunes. I mean I didn't click anything when it is open. As soon as I started to browse and click any musics and apps, the lightning symbol suddenly changed to the plug symbol.