Different iPhone Battery Issue: No full charge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jason2811, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Sometimes when I wake up, after leaving my iPhone 4S to charge overnight, it will not be charged to 100%. It varies-- sometime it's 96% or 97% or 99%. Other times it actually charges to 100%. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

I've already set the device up as new in iTunes to fix the other battery issues that everyone has been talking about.

2. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

As different as all the other threads with the same issue???

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You have to completely drain your battery and then fully recharge it a few times to get the calibration set.

Completely drain it and then charge it to full and leave it plugged in for two hours after being fully charged.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

4. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

yea doesn't sound like the battery is calibrated.

the guy above me has it right. drain it out, and then fully charge

5. Felder71 macrumors member

Once your battery charges to 100%, it stops charging. At that point, it's in standby and slowly losing juice. Then maybe once it gets to 95% or so, it'll charge back up to 100%. It's to prevent a constant charge on the battery when it is unneeded. So if you leave your iPhone plugged in for 8 hours and it only took 2 hours to charge it, it's possible to come back to your phone and see it at 98% or so. It was like that on my 3GS as well.

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

The issue is in the way you and Apple view time. When the iphone shows the time it has to account for a small amount of neutrinos that collide with the electrons flowing through the battery. These collisions cause time to slow down at the quantum level. This loss is time is perceived and the lower % of charge Apple shows you.

There's a lot of math behind this that I just dont understand, but Hawking recently release a paper on this effect confirming it.

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Links? I'm intrigued by this slowing down of time you mention.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It's based on Einstein's theory of relativity. You'll have to study and understand it thoroughly before you'll understand......