Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Todd Schlichter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
LA
Hello,
I am the lab technician at UCLA Extension digital lab. We have a serious problem with Cubase SX not opening on several of our machines. After double clicking on the icon Cubase SX launches, but freezes up when it comes to "initializing VST multi track". At that point it locks up indefinitely and only force quit restores the desktop. We have dual 867 PowerMacs (Mirrored Drive Door) running OS X 10.2.8. We have tried deleting and reinstalling the program, but as each Cubase SX install is an individual license (across 14 stations) it is impossible for us to know which cd was installed on which PowerMac. Apparently deleting and reinstalling requires the same original install cd? Because it will not recognize the software code for the 3 or 4 install cd's I've tried. Is there a way to fix this problem without reinstalling all 14 copies and if not how can I delete the software codes from the OS X file system so I can reinstall any one cd on and one PowerMac?

Thank You

Todd Schlichter

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
I'm really confused since your Subject says Digital Performer but your post says Cubase. Anyway, sounds like a bad VST plug-in is to blame. Try removing all plugins from your folder and launching. These are typically located in User>Library >Audio>plugins>VST

and same directory in your root as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.