Dilemma, the side of the iPhone is just too damn sexy to cover up with a bumper!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 24, 2010.

?

Are you going to cover up the gorgeous looking bezel on the iPhone with a case?

1. Nope, naked baby, all the way

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Will use the bumper case, atleast the back will still be visible

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  3. Using a regular case, not taking any chances

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Will just use a transparent skin all over the phone

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Well I got my new iPhone.

I got my $2 meritline skin case (looks and fits perfectly btw). :D

http://www.meritline.com/iphone-skin-case---p-45201.aspx

And I've seen the ifixit drop video showing me the gorilla glass isn't all that it's cracked up to be. :(

But still, the phone's side is too sexy to cover up with a case, even a bumper case.

The metallic silver apple used on the phone is gorgeous, way better looking than the band they used on the 3GS.

I don't see how a transparent skin would protect the phone at all during a fall, plus didnt like them the last time I tried them (too sticky, air bubbles, tough install, collect dirt).

What to do, what to do...

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

My Zagg IS Maximum coverage covers the sides and it's clear.

I'd recommend it.

3. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Easy to install? no fluff build up yet?

I had it on the 3G and the wrap around parts were a total mess.

4. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Meh, I tried the Zagg on the 3GS, installation is a pain, it's really hard to avoid air bubbles, but that's probably because the old phone had a curved back.

Also, the skin attracts dirt and feels sticky in your hand.

But worst of all, I don't see how that thing is really going to protect your phone during a fall. It's just a tiny piece of plastic.

If I go with a transparent skin, I'll go with some other brand this time. There was a really detailed comparison of all the transparent skins someone here posted recently. I'll go with whichever company won that (it wasn't Zagg).

5. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

It's really not an option whether to use a bumper or not....the only choice we iP4 users have whether to use a bumper or a case.

I HATE cases and have never used them on any iPhone or Android device of mine...yet the fact that if I hold my phone as a phone, I lose ALL service...we're really left with no choice, we have to cover up the bottom left of the device somehow. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

6. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

IMO the only good way to protect against falls is a hard shell case or perhaps the bumper if it's thick and rubbery enough. Haven't gone case shopping yet, but on my previous 3GS I had a Seidio shell and it took care of falls.

7. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

I had a cheap, rubbery case with an Invisible Shield on my 3G and every time it would drop, it would bounce once then fly out of the rubbery case. The corners of my iphone looked like somebody had been chewing on them after a while. I think I just need to strap it to my head or something.