Dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrKennedy, May 29, 2013.

1. MrKennedy macrumors member

Hi guys,

I recently switched from iOS to android and bought an HTC One. I've been having nothing but trouble with the device. Without diving too deep into my issues, I've decided to go back to iOS.

I'm within AT&Ts return period, but I no longer have my 4S. Do you think a 5 is still a smart buy? I'm anxious because the hardware is almost year old. Should I try and scoop up a used iPhone off of Craigslist and wait it out until the new iPhone is revealed?

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

what sort of trouble are you having? hardware problems?

can you not get it replaced?

tastes aside, you arguably have the best phone on the market right now.

3. MrKennedy thread starter macrumors member

The phone has a difficult time staying connected to the network. I've never had an issue like this with any of the iPhones I've owned.

I never thought I'd be one of those people married to a messaging service, but iMessage is just too good. Most of my circle use iPhones and I hate not being in the loop with seamless group messages and unrestricted mms. Plain texting is not cutting it for me.

The One is a beautiful phone, but it isn't satisfying to use.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If its not staying connection to the network (I assume this means losing reception?) then this is likely a hardware issue. I wouldn't condemn the phone for that reason alone. Swap it out and see f that fixes things. It's certainly not a widespread issue (based on the lack of people complaining in forums).

If you can't live without iMessage, so be it.

As far as buying another iPhone, this is basically a "should I buy iPhone 5 now or wait" thread in disguise. I suggest you do a quick search and look over those threads. There are pros and cons written there ad nauseum. I am not trying to be "that guy" by telling you to do a search, but really, there is already so much information out there that you will likely gain more from it than by asking us again here.

My two cents. Best of luck in finding smartphone happiness! :)

5. MrKennedy thread starter macrumors member

I hear ya :)

It's not my intent to post a thread that ends up miming so many that have come before it. I guess I'm looking more for reassurance than anything else. The unknown (android in this case) makes me anxious!

When I stop by AT&T tomorrow I'll see what they can do for me.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Your post just sounded like you were done with Android. You sing praise for iMessage (and this is fine), so I assumed you were decided that iOS was where you really want to be.

7. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

at the end of the day the best advice is to use what makes you comfortable and suits your needs.

if the iphone 5 fits this criteria then go for it. the iphone 5s coming out probably in 5 months time will undoubtedly bring upgrades but the iphone 5 will still be very relevant for some time (heck even the 4S is still a great phone by today's standards).

i would still use the ONE X for at least a week before coming to any decisions. if by that time you are sure its not for you then i would get rid of it. check your router settings or see if it works well with other wifi. maybe there is a problem there.

of course, if imessage is a must for you then there is no argument you need to ditch that phone.