Dimming I5 screen when auto bright is disabled

Mozzman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I have two Q's: one being about the dimming of your screen when you tap the home or power bottom. It is VERY DIMmmed and the screen wont respond. I have auto bright off. Could my screen protector be causing this or the Belken Case?? Or is this a bug ??

Last edited:

Mozzman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I think it's a bug because mine does that sometimes too. Auto-brightness is off on my phone as well.
Thanks for your responce! I don't want to run and return my phone if its a bug and will happen with the replacement!

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
Mine did this as well, had auto off set at 50% but when I picked it up the one time the brightness was set to 0

Mozzman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
anyone else

Anyone else have your screen dimmed when you hit the home or power button? It goes back to normal when you hit the power off /standby button. its annoying. I have auto bright disables as well.:confused:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
For my curiosity, is there a particular reason to have Auto-Brightness disabled? If having it enabled fixes the situation, why not enable? :confused:

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
Because for me auto-brightness is annoying...not a good excuse but enough for me lol
Auto brightness on iPhone 5 works very well. If not, you might teach it wrong. Step 1: Set the brightness in dark room or bedroom, Step 2: set it in an office, Step 3: set it in bright room or outside. ;)

Last edited:

Mozzman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Auto brightness on iPhone 5 works very well. If not, you might teach it wrong. Step 1: Set the brightness in dark room or bedroom, Step 2: set it in an office, Step 3: set it in bright room or outside. ;)
Thank you. Do you disable it in step 2, outside and turn it on?

----------

For my curiosity, is there a particular reason to have Auto-Brightness disabled? If having it enabled fixes the situation, why not enable? :confused:
Personal preference. I need it bright due to my eyes !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.