DirecTV Satellite and 12.3 TV App

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by ipad3g, May 14, 2019.

1. ipad3g macrumors member

Hopefully someone can help answer my question. I have DirecTV satellite and not DirecTv Now...does DTV Satellite support the new Apple TV app? I signed into the single sign on through the settings app under TV Provider, but the new Apple TV app in 12.3 doesn’t seem to pulling anything on demand or play live sports/shows etc directly in the app. Heck it doesn’t even give an option to open the DirecTV App on my phone. Does At&t only support DirecTV Now thru the 12.3 Apple TV app? Hope someone can help answer this. Thanks!

2. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

The new TV app won't do that from what I understand. It will only play content inside the TV app if you have movies/shows through iTunes or subscribe to the available channels through Apple Channels.

I have DirecTV satellite also, if I want to watch shows and stuff on my Apple TV or iPhone, I have to download the individual TV Network apps through the App Store on the Apple TV or iPhone and sign in with my AT&T credentials.

3. Böhme417 macrumors 6502a

It only works through the individual apps - ABC, NBC, TNT, etc.

4. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

Does a DirectTV satellite subscription come with access to DirectTV Now?

5. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

No. They are 2 separate services.

6. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

Ah. Hope you are able to resolve your issue, but my guess is that without an internet based offering, AppleTV will not support it. It needs to have something to "scrape" in order to present it. Your signal bypasses the AppleTV altogether, so nothing to grab.