Disable Message preview on LOCK screen ONLY

mjz147

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
I have the new iPhone 6 and iOS 8 and have had iOS for years. The phone and OS is great.

My one and only complaint: when/(how can I write) to apple to allow for imessages/messages to be "previewed" only when the phone is unlocked.

Meaning if my phone is off and I get a text, the lock screen notification will say

John Doe
"text message"

But when my phone is unlocked and I am using it, it will say

John Doe
"hey whats up" (sample message/preview)

When I have my phone on the charger or sitting on a desk/counter I don't Necessarily want all my new text available for people to see, but when I am using the phone and it is unlocked I want to see the message preview.

Not a huge pain but just wondering if anyone can shed some light on if Apple has acknowledged this.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
if you turn off preview and get a text when unlocked you can swipe down to read, then swipe up to dismiss (or reply of course)

mjz147

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Bumping this to see if there has been any new tweak released??

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
if you turn off preview and get a text when unlocked you can swipe down to read, then swipe up to dismiss (or reply of course)
If that works (I haven't tried it) then it seems like a fairly decent workaround it would seem.
Bumping this to see if there has been any new tweak released??
If you are looking for tweaks (as in jailbreak tweaks) then you might want to check the jailbreak section here as you might find more relevant information and replies about that kind of thing there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.