Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jerkstore99

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but is there any way to disable the return but while texting? I don't ever need to start a new paragraph while texting, and I hit that damn button multiple times every day. I don't know if there is anything through Cydia or some other way to disable that button, but it would be great.

Thanks.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Well at first I used to hate "Return" key cant be used to Send message. But I think I'm starting to like it now. I could accidentally press Return and end up sending unfinished message. That would be a problem.

I don't know about OP. What makes you hate the Return button? Never using paragraph on texting can easily be done by not tapping that button. So what's the reason?

But still I'm complaining about not be able to type text using Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Send it from the keyboard. Shortcuts like Cmd+Return should be designed to do it, but no, it's not

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.