Disable "return" button in texting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jerkstore99, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jerkstore99 macrumors member

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but is there any way to disable the return but while texting? I don't ever need to start a new paragraph while texting, and I hit that damn button multiple times every day. I don't know if there is anything through Cydia or some other way to disable that button, but it would be great.

Thanks.

2. DankNugz macrumors regular

There might be some way to do it through a Cydia app but as far as the stock iOS, there is no way to disable it.

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Well at first I used to hate "Return" key cant be used to Send message. But I think I'm starting to like it now. I could accidentally press Return and end up sending unfinished message. That would be a problem.

I don't know about OP. What makes you hate the Return button? Never using paragraph on texting can easily be done by not tapping that button. So what's the reason?

But still I'm complaining about not be able to type text using Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Send it from the keyboard. Shortcuts like Cmd+Return should be designed to do it, but no, it's not