Disabled Boy Records Bullies Tormenting Him

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Apr 17, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.inquisitr.com/1209361/di...with-illegal-wiretapping/#qsj9dhuOQXXzF04u.99

school staff should be charged with tampering with evidence & the kid should be let go for lack of evidence as it was destroyed , & the judge/cops should be tarred & feathered.

2. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

There is an expectation of privacy in a public school classroom?

BS

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I wouldn't think so, but apparently. Or it could just be a cop being stupid.

4. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

No, that never happens.

----------

Seriously though, how much of a failure do you have to be as a parent if your little sh** child is bullying other kids, especially disabled kids?

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Yes, Pennsylvania is one of the twelve states that require all parties to a conversation to be aware of the recording. (CA, CT, DE, FL, IL, MD, MA, MI, MT, NH, PA and WA) It is unfortunate but it is the law. Maybe Ms. Love will work to get that law changed as it is in the other 38 states so that only one person on the recording needs to be aware of it.

6. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yep, and I hope the school district gets skinned alive in the civil suit. Maybe it'll shock them into having a stronger anti-bullying policies. By stronger I mean one where you don't punish the victim.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Bullies v School District
    Bullied v School District
    Bullied v Bullies
    Bullies v Bullied

Yes, this will be going on for a while. Have the bullies sought to have a federal case brought for the civil right violation? After all, their privacy was invaded.

10. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Not being able to record in the classroom and the guy getting bullied ends up being the victim twice. First by the kids then by the administration. Poor guy.

And this is a classroom where recording should be encouraged. So if a student decides he wants to record the lecture, but didn't notify the teacher or other kids who might get caught on tape as they blurt out, etc. then the student pays the price.

Things have just gotten so backwards.

Reminds me of the kid that got sent home with a cross on his shirt, but the hand flipping the bird on shirt was acceptable.

What is next. Someone running a red light and hitting someone in a crosswalk and the person who got hit gets in trouble for being in the way.

Odd-world!

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Wow. Somebody really dun goof'd there. I used to record lectures all the time... never once got done for "illegal wiretapping." Only in America as they say...

12. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

iBlazed...we actually agree on something :)

But I might go a less violent route :)

----------

To add to this....

http://www.cnet.com/news/man-arrested-for-wiretapping-after-filming-police-officer/

"Man arrested for wiretapping after filming police officer".

13. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania it is illegal to record anyone without everyone who will be on the order giving consent. 12 states have this law.

14. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

:eek::eek::eek:
    I should probably reconsider my opinion then! :D:p

----------

What a horrible law. Glad my state isn't one of those states.

15. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

If local news sources are an indication, some representives are already proposing a new bill that will allow for recording in situations like this.

As far as this young man goes, aprantly the local Country DA had all charges dropped, and the conviction for disorderly conduct revoked and removed.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

This is why you post on the internet first, then call authorities. Public opinion is a great weapon when every one hears or sees the truth.

17. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Yep. Should have youtubed it right away.

And for the bullies...picking on a disabled kid...Yeah, I'd clear a wing of all security and let the biggest bulls in the yard have some one on one time for 24hrs. Show them what's it's like to be powerless and humiliated.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My parents always said I was free to defend myself with whatever means necessary, but if I were caught bullying the belt would be waiting for me after school.