Disabled iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Koch92, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Koch92 macrumors newbie

Dads Iphone 4s is disabled while he was on holiday and he never backed it up while he was away! Now I'm wondering is there any way to restore the iPhone and NOT losing the images/videos?:confused:

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What do you mean by "disabled"? If you can restore onto it you should be able to back it up first.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Officially, no:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

There are some 3rd party methods, basically by jailbreaking, where content can be recovered in some circumstances. I don't have any first-hand experience. Also see if he had Photo Stream turned on, maybe his photos were already synced to iCloud before the phone was disabled.

4. Koch92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well my little sister tried breaking into it by entering the password 100x :/ so now the phone is disabled and asking to be connected to iTunes!

Thanks, I was scared to try that as I thought It wouldn't ask for that and might lose the data :( as you have to put the phone in DFU mode to restore it?

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You'll have to dfu restore it. I don't think there's anyway around it.

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Data? Your sister wiped it out. You will have to restore from a backup.....

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Just plug it into the computer it was originally sync'd with.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not sure, but I think once you plug it in he'll be able to enter the password there and it should be fine (or will make a backup before restoring). That and your sister sounds like she needs her own toys or not be allowed to touch other people's.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

They'll get their old backup onto phone. I think they were wanting to be able to have the info he had from when he was on vacation.

10. Koch92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im really STUCk!1

Thanks for the replays!! I'm still not sure what do :/ I dont want to risk all the data! would apple be able to help?!!

11. coolio93 macrumors 6502

This is why I always recommend iCloud backup. It should backup every night when connect to charger and wifi so in the event that something like this happens, you can restore with minimal data loss.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Did your dad have the setting on where the phone wipes itself after do many password attempts?