disappointed in new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinylslammin, Sep 21, 2012.

1. vinylslammin macrumors newbie

A list of complaints:

It's just a taller 4s with LTE, and the aspect ratio sucks. 4:3 is much better. 16:9 feels MORE constrained than the 4:3 iphone 4. It does not deserve the '5' in its name, more appropriate to call it a 4L or something.

iOS6 is atrocious. No google maps is a total disaster.

Lighter and thinner isn't better. The iPhone 4's weight was fine and felt solid and powerful. This phone feels wimpy, like a thin flimsy stick.

The design isn't stunning. I now actually wish I had gotten the white one because it better fits the design, which is feminine.

Production quality seems bad: My home-button is slanted.

Now the good stuff:

The chip is very fast, and if they would have put it in a 4:3 larger screen the phone would have been much better. Browsing is superfast.

Looking forward to my first Android phone. The ipad is still my tablet of choice, but it's time to move beyond the iphone.

2. iTouchIt macrumors regular

So what are you going to do about being disappointed?

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

He's going to exchange it for an SIII. :rolleyes:

4. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I'm disappointed I read your post, and lost 30 seconds of my life because of it.

5. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Shoulda been called the iphone 4Ketchup . . . because that's all this new iphone was about - catching up to the competition; not surpassing it mind you, just catching up to it.

Nothing new, nothing innovative . . . just catching up, in an ugly body.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Then he'd be a smart man. :D

8. ginwrak macrumors member

everyone has been talking about apple maps vs google maps. honestly there are high expectation for apple maps but you have to see that google maps started out the same way and worked years to get it to what it is now.

I'm sure over time apple maps will be just as good.

Sorry it didnt' work out for you but Apple/Google or any other company cannot satisfy everyone.

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Your argument is valid. Bring the phone back and try an Android. I promise you, you will be dissapointed you did that. Give it a shot.

10. darster Suspended

Go to android forums and read all the complaints on that cheap plastic crap of a phone.

11. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

The only thing i don't understand is before anyone ordered the phone they knew what the new OS would look like, and they knew what the new phone would look like, and the hardware specs. So knowing that, why did you still try buying the phone? I am not being rude, just curious. You probably could have just bought the samsung or another phone to start off with.

12. ethana macrumors 6502a

Why are you even here? Your signature is just a big advertisement for Android phones.

E

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

14. evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

Classic! seriously I don't see what the fuss is about the new maps! It's in initial release and it will get better. I'm actually impressed what apple has done so far. Ofcourse you don't expect it to directly compete wit Google quite yet :mad:. Google has done it much longer. Here is what you do simply download the Google Maps when it's out and give Apple time to perfect the its maps.:)

15. vinylslammin thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't follow the discussions on the ios6 beta. I trusted apple to improve things, like they have done in the past. I did not know google maps would be removed, and when I found out after updating my iPad 3 I was stunned. It never even entered my mind that such a fundamental part of the iOS experience would be taken away.

I am also a big fan of apple products, am still happily using a 2006 macbook, and love my ipad 3. When they announced the screen lengthening I was disappointed but trusted Apple designers.

My wife has an old android phone and the OS didn't seem appealing, and the build quality of the android phones didn't seem too high either. I knew the SIII might be different, but was more than willing to wait for the iphone 5 to trump anything the competitors had already come up with. They failed at that.

16. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I don't have to read any comments on it...I own it. ;)

Actually, my signature is a big advertisement for Android AND Apple. I currently have the 4S, I had the 3GS before that, I have an iPad 3 now and I had an iPad 2 before that. So, would you like to restate your position? :cool:

17. vinylslammin thread starter macrumors newbie

How long until it's out? There is no timeline and apple and google are in a mortal feud. I don't expect anything anytime soon. The online google map app sucks compared to the integrated one. For heavy users who rely on total accuracy and use features like Terrain, which I do all the time, apple maps is a joke. I don't have time to wait for them to catch up to something which has already been perfected. Life's too short to wait for companies sitting on enormous amounts of cash to do something that's already been done.

18. ginwrak macrumors member

this would be the wise to choice, not just recuperate the loss but to gain also.

19. akiraboi macrumors member

akiraboi

I for one really enjoy the phone so far. I like that the screen is sized so I can make use of the entire area with just one hand and my thumb. For things that I do commonly like read emails, view Twitter, and read news feeds, the taller screen does allow for more vertical content.

The phone all around is insanely fast as well, which I even feel having moved from the 4S.

And just for the obligatory Samsung vs. Apple shot - I was standing in line this morning with 4 people who were changing from Samsumg Galaxy SIII phones to the iPhone 5.

20. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Except the iPhone was never 4:3. It was 3:2.

21. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

This cracked me the f up. lol

22. milk242 macrumors 6502a

23. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

The Galaxy S3 is essentially a S2 with a bigger screen and LTE too...

What are you getting at here?

24. Joewat64 macrumors regular