Disappointed with iMovie'08?

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I think iMovie 08 is a hell of a change. It is meant for your consumer that wants to cut together a quick clip.

You want to get advanced? Get Final Cut Express, or even Final Cut Studio.

I for one am impressed with iMovie 08, I think its a lot easier than the previous versions.

They cut out a lot of features, not sure if they had to do that, but it was all to make the process easier.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I think iMovie 08 is a hell of a change. It is meant for your consumer that wants to cut together a quick clip.

You want to get advanced? Get Final Cut Express, or even Final Cut Studio.

I for one am impressed with iMovie 08, I think its a lot easier than the previous versions.

They cut out a lot of features, not sure if they had to do that, but it was all to make the process easier.
What are some of the other features that were cut out?

PShot07

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
What are some of the other features that were cut out?
Themes
Audio Effects
Video Effects
The Timeline
Having dual audio tracks
A lot of Transitions
A lot of Titles
And More!

Sure the new iMovie is easy, so is Windows Movie Maker. What's sad is that iMovie now seems parallel to Windows Movie Maker, whereas before it was superior. By the way, Final Cut Express is beyond what I want to do. Plus I'm a student without a budget.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Themes
Audio Effects
Video Effects
The Timeline
Having dual audio tracks
A lot of Transitions
A lot of Titles
And More!

Sure the new iMovie is easy, so is Windows Movie Maker. What's sad is that iMovie now seems parallel to Windows Movie Maker, whereas before it was superior. By the way, Final Cut Express is beyond what I want to do. Plus I'm a student without a budget.
Really? Why are the requirements so high then? That seems like it should run on a java equipped cell phone!

PShot07

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Really? Why are the requirements so high then? That seems like it should run on a java equipped cell phone!
That's what I was trying to figure out. It's probably the scrub feature that allows you to just drag the cursor over the clip... Nice.. but still can't compare to iMovie HD6