Disappointed with white iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gladoscc, Jan 8, 2012.

1. gladoscc macrumors 6502

I feel the white iPhone 4S just looks worse compared to my black iPhone 4. The bevels should be lighter on the white one, and you can see the edges of the white screen in the white iPhone 4S.

Does anyone regret buying the white version?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I bought a white one for my wife. No complaints.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Black looks more sleek. But I got white to change it up since I always had black. No regrets getting white tho

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

No complains either. White phones require more cleaning maintenance which is expected.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think the white one looks nice, but I ended up getting black since I think it looked more stealthy. Both are nice though. White certainly turns heads.

6. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I agree with^. I really liked the white ip4 when it dropped. But come time to buy the 4S I couldn't help but go black. I guess it's true, once you go black.....

7. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

My iphone 4 was black (launch day) and after the white came out i wanted to switch , now i own the white 4s and honestly prefer black version :(

8. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I was a big fan of the white when it came out for the iPhone 4. Since then I've changed my opinion. I think the black is a better looking phone. Looks much better in cases as well IMO.

9. TM WAZZA, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Had all the iPod touch generations in black and a SGS2 in black. It was time for a change when I stepped up to 4S so I went with white. Other than dirt getting stuck into the borders I don't regret getting a white at all.

An iPhone will turn heads whether it's black or white.

10. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

I bought a white 4S and do not regret it at all.

11. felixgun macrumors member

I just went from a Black iPhone 4 16gb to the iPhone 4S 32GB. Zero complaints here. I think it's a nice change up.

12. thestickman macrumors regular

13. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Mine still looks pristine, and i work in manufacturing. The color is under the glass, it's not cheap white plastic. It looks better than the black as far as fingerprints go. I know someone who has a launch day white iPhone 4 and it's the same, it's not gotten dirty at all.

14. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

What did people do with these tiny regrets in life before the internet was invented? Did they just move on with their lives?

You should try that.

15. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

I love my white iPhone. Like many others stated, I wanted something different.

16. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I'm having doubts of getting the 4S itself. Oh wait, that's another topic..

17. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

i have a white iPad two and like the cosmetic look of the white bezel, so i decided to get the white 4s too. i do not regret it at all.

18. gladoscc thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't. Siri is not good enough. A5? Who cares, everything works fine on my i4.

19. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am not worried about turning heads and always pick black.

A friend of mine has had the iPhone 4S for just over a month and let me look at it the other day.

It was nasty!:eek:

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Love my White 4S. So does everyone else who's seen it thus far

21. yui4 macrumors 6502

the white is nice but i returned mine for the black & am happy i did

22. mms13 macrumors 6502

I got the white because I had a black iPhone 4. I figured since Apple didn't change the appearance, I might as well get something different than I had before. I actually quite like it.

23. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Had a black 3GS, switched to white for the 4S. I'm really happy with the decision. I think it looks fantastic, and I don't see as many fingerprints on it as I did the black one.

24. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Are you serious? For real?
    There are people in this world dying from starvation, children fighting and wars and you are complaining about the edges of the white screen?
    Wow... first world problems..
    Did you even look at the phone before you got it?

And yes, I got my Mother a white iPhone 4 six months ago and neither of us have had any issues.

25. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I have to ask...what's with the whole "first world problems" thing?

We all know that there are people starving, sick, etc. We know there's problems in the world. Does that mean that people aren't allowed to ask questions or be concerned about anything else? Just because someone is here saying they're disappointed with their iPhone, it doesn't mean they don't give a crap about the rest of the world. We can be concerned about other people and still have problems/questions of our own. I'm so sick of seeing this pop up on post after post...