"Disappointment" with iphone5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whitesand, Sep 14, 2012.

1. whitesand macrumors regular

Seeing threads suggesting that everyone is disappointed with the new iphone5 really makes me laugh...

The 4s preorders sold out in 22 hours...It took the iphone5 sells out in 1 hour.

Yeah, everyone is disappointed.:rolleyes:

"iPhone 5 sales exhaust initial supply, trip up servers
    Early buyers of Apple's latest iPhone once again slammed online stores, and the first batch of iPhone 5 models sold within an hour, pushing delivery times back as long as three weeks"
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...pply-trip-up-servers/?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

3. whitesand thread starter macrumors regular

The threads implying that there's widespread disappointment...With pre orders selling out in 1 hour I think those posts are delusional.

4. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Except you don't know how many phones were actually preordered to compare it with the 4s preorders. So the amount of time it took for preorders to sellout is meaningless without that key piece of information.

5. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

The annoying part is Apple would have this demand after going 2 years without a new phone (4s wasn't a new phone sorry).

So why is there a shortage, oh that's right, it is better for the marketing point of view.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

ding ding ding .. I was beginning to think I was crazy thinking that, because I haven't seen anyone else post it all day long!

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Those with a 4s that were for some odd reason expecting Apple to command the next miraculous technology advancement from a device that is at it's core, still simply a phone. :rolleyes:

8. ColeHarris macrumors regular

I think what really made this a let down for me were all those mockups/concepts from last year that depicted a more rounded fluid design which I particularly liked, and after seeing that it was pretty disappointing to return to blocky sharp design of the 4/4S and now 5. And while the current design is nice aesthetically its not very practical or ergonomic resulting in something thats not very pleasant to hold. If they had changed the design to something similar to what we saw last year I would be all over this years iPhone but as it stands I'm just not sure.

For reference:
    [​IMG]

9. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Sorry bro that looks ugly.

10. ColeHarris macrumors regular

So you probably think the iPad looks ugly as well then? To each there own I suppose...

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The bottom line is people's expectations were high and apple failed to meet those expectations. That doesn't mean everyone else was disappointed with the phone.

People vote with their wallet and so I think ultimately consumers are very excited over the phone.

12. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I don't like the rounded look on the phone. I like the way the iPhone 5 looks, it has a stealth bomber black look. I had the 3g before the 4 and that was rounded but the iPhone 4 looked nicer to me.

13. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Supply sells out.

I have a supply of 2 iPhones. Customers demand is 3 iPhones. I've sold out. Demand is greater than supply. It's a complete numbers game.

14. Surrylic macrumors regular

People's expectations are always through the roof when you put them in a rumor forum together. I was completely happy with the announcement because I didn't let my imagination run wild. They met my personal expectations I guess. I agree about people being excited over it, regardless of the number they stocked I think that it's selling faster than the 4S. There's no way they entered this pre sale with 1/22 of the stock they had last year.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think the initial response was disappointment (same w/ the 4S), but once people took a minute and truly looked at all of the spec upgrades they were not as disappointed...my self included.

16. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Unless you can post numbers of each phone sold, it's a pretty empty statement.

Maybe Apple had mountains of 4S's available and a shortage of 5s. 4S was also a mid-cycle phone.

Can you clarify your statement with some facts?