Discontinued?? Product Red: "Do The (Red) Thing" iTunes Gift Card Series

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mward333, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mward333 macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2004
    I always order "Do The (Red) Thing" iTunes Gift Certificates, because it supports the "Product Red" movement. Unfortunately, today I do not see them anymore on the Apple Store online.... Have they been discontinued? This would really be a shame.

(Yes, I've also bought a couple of the Product Red iPods over the years too.)

The reason I like the Product Red gift cards is that a portion of the money goes to the Product Red movement, without raising the price of the cards.

I found a picture of these cards on Google, even though I can't find them on the Apple Store today:

2. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2004
    Update: Just called my local Apple Store

I just called the Keystone Apple Store in Indianapolis (Indiana, USA), and they were totally clueless about these cards; they had never heard of them.

I think that they were only sold on the Apple Store online..... I don't remember them being sold in the brick-and-mortar Apple stores.

I still have several of them around my house (used, of course), so I know that I'm not going crazy here! :)

Anybody know the status of these things?
  3. DFerguson macrumors newbie

Feb 4, 2011
    Red Card

It's an outrage that they make things like this so difficult to find and so badly advertised - Just to make even more money.

It seems as with many TNCs nowadays; the expense of human lives comes second to profit and greed :mad: