Discounts / Sales on OEM bands

mikedop

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
That is exactly why when I get a band that is not still sealed in the box. I soak it for about 20 minutes is a bowl of rubbing alcohol. Then after that, I will let it soak in hot soapy water for about 30 minutes. Then scrub it with a toothbrush.
I try not to buy exceedingly dirty bands, but my used ones do get a good scrub with dish soap & water.

Reactions: twanj and CodeRaven

Cotypubby

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2020
That is exactly why when I get a band that is not still sealed in the box. I soak it for about 20 minutes is a bowl of rubbing alcohol. Then after that, I will let it soak in hot soapy water for about 30 minutes. Then scrub it with a toothbrush.
The rubbing alcohol won't do anything to the color? Good to know! I have one of those UV light sanitizers I bought for my phone that I also use on all pre-owned bands, as well as regular soap & water but rubbing alcohol sounds better.

Reactions: Pitch

EmmaLouWho

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2019
Birmingham, Al
Found this on Apple support site:

Is it ok to use a disinfectant on my Apple Watch?
Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your Apple Watch, Sport Band, or metal band. Don't use on fabric or leather bands. Don't use bleach. Avoid getting moisture in any openings, and don’t submerge your Apple Watch in any cleaning agents.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Reactions: Fhotofaerie

athousandbands

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2019
CA
Maybe I’ve just been indoctrinated by the brown/green Nike bands and am just a camo guy now, but what is it about khaki that really kicks the p*** out of every gray band light and dark (especially edition)? And I say this as an owner of supernumerary grays as you all know by now.
View attachment 929123
Oh wow I totally posted this in the wrong thread. It’s almost as if the Every thread and Discount thread are indistinguishable...

• Haha
Reactions: twanj and Pitch

Cotypubby

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2020
Maybe I’ve just been indoctrinated by the brown/green Nike bands and am just a camo guy now, but what is it about khaki that really kicks the p*** out of every gray band light and dark (especially edition)? And I say this as an owner of supernumerary grays as you all know by now.
View attachment 929123
Which face is that with the four complications in the corners and one on the top inside of the clock?

Reactions: twanj

jamieinoc

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2020
Could be first or second. Both are 42mm.
Wasn’t second Gen pretty dark though? That’s why I was leaning towards first.
- - Post merged: - -

Wasn’t second Gen pretty dark though? That’s why I was leaning towards first.
Seller isn’t responding but also has a series 1 watch for sale so I’m going to take a gamble that it’s a Gen 1 (only one I still need).

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj and CodeRaven

Deep.sky

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2020
I am not nearly knowledgeable enough to know what generation it is, but it stood out in the sea of white and black bands that people are usually selling so I figured I'd toss it up here and see if our resident experts could ID it :)
Hopefully you can nab it, Jamie :)

I am on a roll tonight! For those who are looking for some of the 38/40mm woven nylon bands, I found this on eBay:

Hyper grape nike sport band 44mm

Last edited:
Reactions: CodeRaven

jamieinoc

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2020
I am not nearly knowledgeable enough to know what generation it is, but it stood out in the sea of white and black bands that people are usually selling so I figured I'd toss it up here and see if our resident experts could ID it :)
Hopefully you can nab it, Jamie :)

I am on a roll tonight! For those who are looking for some of the 38/40mm woven nylon bands, I found this on eBay:

Hyper grape nike sport band 44mm
Have you not heard of 1to3? This guy has been wholesaling all kinds of bands and loops for amazing prices for a couple weeks now. He’s mostly out now, but still has some stock left. Also, I bought the Mercari band. Here’s hoping it’s a Gen 1 as I suspect.

Deep.sky

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2020
Yes, most of what he has is not my size (or style). I didn't see the woven nylons before, so I thought I'd toss it up here. I was/am considering the celestial teal sport loop, though.

I hope so too, that looks like a nice band :)

Last edited:

Pitch

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2011
Late to the party but I got the bands I ordered last Monday and Wednesday from 1to3 in. All boxed and sealed. Boxes in very good to excellent condition. I am happy. I guess he was just overwhelmed with bad inventory management last week when he canceled some of mine and other people’s orders, sometimes days after sending shipping notices.

86A11A20-8311-4EB9-8726-02BCB47A50CC.jpeg
E9B63C73-2CD2-43B8-B3F0-A202A5219FE3.jpeg

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012
Thanks to this thread I scored a Nike reflective band for $23 and an Apple Sport S/M Fog for $5. Good deal, both have shipped.
Yes, my fog link blowing up! Hope you get the band like @mikedop did and not a bag of air!
Pitch - My $4.99 42mm Fog arrived today, it's absolutely perfect. No complaints about eBay seller buyspry, just wish he had more to sell.

Nike reflective from 1to3 was sealed and perfect too.

Pitch

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2011
My buyspry is still in post office purgatory...it’s bounced back and forth between two DCs and now fallen off the face of the earth again.
An eBay sale I sent out last Monday that was supposed to deliver Thursday said item in transit, late delivery Saturday and has not updated since. Meanwhile another sale I sent out Saturday that was supposed to be delivered Wednesday was just delivered today. No rhyme or reason. Just hope the former isn’t lost

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
An eBay sale I sent out last Monday that was supposed to deliver Thursday said item in transit, late delivery Saturday and has not updated since. Meanwhile another sale I sent out Saturday that was supposed to be delivered Wednesday was just delivered today. No rhyme or reason. Just hope the former isn’t lost
I have one band that was due last week from NY. Last scan on 6/20 was,
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
NEW YORK NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

jamieinoc

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2020
Everyone missing packages—I have had luck in the past using the USPS where’s my package tool. It launches an inquiry that is actually sent to your local postal facilities. The link is here: https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

Choose the “where is my package” option. I’ve had packages show back up ok tracking within 4 hours after using this form when they had been missing for days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.