Disgusting Message Problem :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitabhbansal, Feb 27, 2012.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends
    i have iPhone 4 and 4S, both are in sync with iCloud,
    i received a sms from a friend on 4s, I clciked on EDIT then selectec that sms then clicked on Forward, then it asked me to enter the contact, i typed the name which is already a contact with email address who can receive iMessage, but it doesnt show any contact, then i open the contact and saw that the contact is there,
    Then i tried the same thing on iPhone 4 and in it its working, dont know what happen to iphone 4S, i have done this before on 4S and it worked but today its not doing
    I tried to copy that sms and created new message and there it shows me that contact but in forward not working
    Please help

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Im sorry, I don't understand what the issue is... Can't you just type the email address in?

3. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

see, i made a contact with email address only because the person is using ipod touch so he gets the message as iMessage, if i type that contact name it doesnt show me in 4S but in 4 its working

4. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I see, so it's not predicting/offering the name from your contacts?

I'm afraid i can't help, I have tried it on my iPhone 4 and it works correctly.

5. cynics macrumors G4

I just tried it making an email address contact only and it works fine on my 4s.

Try resetting using the power + home button?

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

"Disgusting Message Problem :("

Wow...A little drastic on the title, don't ya think?

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This. Titles like this, clearly aimed towards getting as many people to see the thread, certainly have me not interested in helping...

8. cynics macrumors G4

Helping on MR? This forum is obviously for arguments and debates. This, your post and the one before it is the most obvious example. Lol

9. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

1. Reboot/restart your 4S.

2. Stop making thread titles so overly dramatic.

3. Enjoy your iPhones.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've helped (or attempted to help) many people on here. You are free to look through my posts. You are also free to disagree that the title of the thread was deliberately designed to get the most hits. I was merely stating why I am not even interested in trying to find out what the issue is.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well I know I'm just disgusted by this problem.

12. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

make sure the email address is typed in the right box in the contact Ive done that a few times

13. cynics macrumors G4

Yep, while I don't completely understand your reasoning I understand what you are saying.

What confused me is why someone would go out of there way to post to say they will not help. I'm not asking cause I don't care, just confused me and something I see a lot on this forum (not just you). :)

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Well, in my case, it's not so out of my way. I post here while at work. My options are browsing elsewhere, twiddling my thumbs, or posting here. None of them are very productive choices LOL!

15. crashdebris macrumors newbie

Maybe you should look to see if English is the first language of the poster before you accuse him/her of sensationalizing the title.

I thought the title was a bit over the top also, until I saw that the OP was from India.

I wish I could help the OP, but I only have a 4S and I don't have the same issue.

16. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

17. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Don't forget bouncing things off the wall. I do that a lot too. The thumbs thing always messes with my mind.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Oh man. I saw the title of this thread and expected some kind of nasty MMS type thing and all I get is this ?

Very disappointed

19. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

clearly the op's first language isnt english. Surprised so many people have jumped on him for this. Yes it isnt disgusting but dont put the guy down for it.

20. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

21. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

i found the solution, by mistake i have turned off the MMS feature thats why that was happening, now i have turned it on and now its working fine.. but didnt understand whats the link between MMS feature to iMessage..
    Secondly i am sorry for that title, my english is not so good, i thought what to enter the title, so i choosed this. Sorry friends for the trouble.
    Thanks

22. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Profit????

23. 808? macrumors 6502a