Disney World Magic bands similar to Apple Watch Capabilites--What the future holds

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

Anyone been to Disney World recently?? The Apple watch reminds me of the Magic bands Disney is using. It can be your room key, credit card, tracking device, Park ticket, Hotel Gate Access, Hotel Room Key---and so on.

So with the Apple watch I could see it one day-----Walking up to my car allowing doors to unlock, starting the car remotely or acting as a key to start. The possibilities are endless and I think kinda coincidental that Disney and Apple releasing same type Tech within close proximity.

Who better for Apple to watch than Disney World----Many Large companies model themselves just off there operations alone

2. durangojim macrumors member

I agree. There have been a couple of very good articles lately on this subject. I think one is on Wired.

3. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

We were just there for a week with the kids. Didn't you find it annoying that the touch points for the band to readers (especially fast pass) were too exact? Sometimes it was difficult to get it just right. As an IT professional, I was just in awe of everything at Disney. Did you notice almost every supervisory cast member had an iPad in a special RFID case? Every restaurant processed payments on an iPod touch in special RFID case as well.

AT&T service was overloaded in most places and drained my iPhone 6 battery significantly.

4. SteveLV702 macrumors 6502

SteveLV702

I've never been to disneyworld I'm on the west coast been to Disneyland several times just there back in January and they don't have any of this :-(