Display contacts with phone numbers only and contact thumbnail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yashraj, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Yashraj macrumors newbie

1. In android there was a neat option in contacts which hid all the contacts which didn't have email IDs, they were mostly from my google's contact list and from facebook.
    However they are back in iPhone and filling up a lot of space, so how do I set it to display only those contacts which have phone numbers?
    2. I imported all contacts from android using Microsoft Exchange. How do I make these contacts display the thumbnail in my contacts list?
    3. Is there any way to set speed dial? When I tried dialing just "2", it gave "Unknown Application" error.
    4. Is there any way to just "swype" the contact name to call someone rather than go inside and click on the phone number?

Thanks.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You can organize contacts on your computer and create groups.

I don't believe you can.

In the phone apps you can create a favorites list. Its not speed dialing as you say, but requires the same number of presses.

I don't believe you can.

3. Yashraj thread starter macrumors newbie

For number 3, if I cannot set a single digit to set a speed dial, than what can I actually do with this feature since it gives Unknown application error which means there must be some purpose behind it.:confused::confused:

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

A lot of what you can dial which isn't a number is carrier based. For example on AT&T in the US dialing 611 dials customer service without using your minutes. Dialing a couple of characters is also a way to text, for example dialing *3282# (*DATA#) requests AT&T text you your used data.

At this point I find using Siri to speed dial is more convenient than going into the phone app.