Dissapointing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RevolvingSheep, Dec 29, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012

RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I stopped reading at this point.
    I've had some grotty service at Apple stores well before the iPhone blew up, not sure if it means anything, unless the complaints about Apple customer service start exploding... not hearing much of that.

3. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

Don't take me for one of the people who don't see the update as worth it. I like my iPhone 5. It's just that most new numbered iPhones have major upgrades. This one had a taller screen and LTE... but this isn't innovative. Bigger phones have been done, LTE is nice but it's just a speed upgrade. The physical design of the phone isn't "that" much different than the 4/4S.

I wonder how long it will take Apple to truly revitalize iOS?

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I upgraded from a 4S and completely happy with the upgrade.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple got fed up with people like you with unhealthy sense of self-entitlement mentality.

6. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

I am not self entitled. Apple doesn't owe me anything. I am not the type of user you are taking me for.

I am disappointed... so I am self entitled?

I didn't come here to bicker... I was just curious what others thought on these points.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, you are. Your OP indicates that you expect Apple to give you a replacement without paying the fees that you've agreed to when you purchased AppleCare Plus and allow you to switch colors while at it.

8. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Not sure what major 'innovations' you were doting on, I personally feel that the next boost of true innovation (a.k.a. the next step after having received great touch-screens and a plethora of functions) will be the advent of flexible, and later on, highly flexible screens, perhaps even the ability to build components right into or around the glass, effectively making the phone as we know it a bendy piece of glass.
    On the subject of the OS, I'm curious to see what Ive does with it, though I'm not expecting a miracle. Tangentially, I don't believe the OS needs a miracle at this stage, as long as they continue improving its functionality.

9. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

I only expect it because they used to do it. I don't see why switching a color looses them any money, especially when it's due to a defect the black phone has. I have never owned an iPhone that is kept naked (like I like to keep them, I love the way they look) that looks so horrible even after a month of owning it. I am in the wrong because of Apple's poor design decisions? I am in the wrong because Apple uses weak glass and then charges customers money that they didn't use to charge because the glass shatters? The iPhone glass never shattered until the iPhone 4 came out. They used to be durable.

I feel embarrassed to be among you. I don't belong here. I truly hope you enjoy and find happiness in the things you spend your money on and the companies you support as much you seem to... no sarcasm at all.

Namaste.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sure, we've never ever seen a shattered original iPhone, 3G or 3GS.

11. irDigital0l Guest

To me the iPhone 4 was the biggest step that Apple has taken since the original iPhone. When they said the iPhone 5 was...I wasn't too sure.

Think part of the reason is that the iPhone 5 was basically leaked completely before the announcement and iOS has gone stale for some.

12. darster Suspended

As with any large company, there are going to be bad, really bad, CS reps.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

14. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

15. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

The OP Has Abandoned Ship

Late seeing this thread, but immediately noticed that the OP has shoddily edited/removed his initial post, apparently because of how it was received.

If you can't take the heat, think before you post, regardless of your viewpoint.