distorting an image: help wanted

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Questions and Tips' started by jxyama, May 4, 2004.

  1. jxyama macrumors 68040


    Apr 3, 2003
    i *know* someone here is a PS wiz and can give me quick pointers...

    please see the attached image - and note how it's warped like it's on a cylinder. i got the image by stitching together three panoramic images. i'd like to "flatten" this, make the image of the palace "flat."

    how can i do this using PS or PSE? i tried messing around with transform -> perspective, etc. but can't quite get it right...

    thanks for any help.

    Attached Files:

  2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus


    Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    U can try using the Distort function in Transform. U may lose some of the current visible image, & u may have to recrop it.

    Other than that, there's some barrel distortion filters u can buy for Photoshop, but it's nothing u can't achieve on your own with a little bit of work. ;)

    I did a quickie to give u an idea.

    Attached Files:

  3. jxyama thread starter macrumors 68040


    Apr 3, 2003
    thanks, eye. yeah, seeing how it can be modified to a more desired result is very inspiring and helpful.

    i'll fiddle around... i have a few others i need to "fix" so this would be a good time learn how...

    thanks, again!
  4. Hemingray macrumors 68030


    Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    I just recently saw an Adobe demo of Photoshop CS... it has a cool panorama feature that patches together multiple photos automatically and should correct exactly what you're trying to fix.
  5. evoluzione macrumors 68020


    Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    this sort of warping thing used to be difficult, photoshop couldn't do it, you'd need a Silicon Graphics box running Barco Creator to do it, the a PS plugin came out called Squizz! but i guess it's possible to do completely in PS now...

    the joys of technical advancement. :)

Share This Page