USA
Reactions: rafark

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Yeah - let's just kill all the innocence a child has right off the bat. :/

I don't see the problem with the story. Not sure why you would mock it.
see post 3, it was not up to the sub to "enlighten" the kids, they should all find out the "hard" way who santa is........

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
http://www.foxla.com/news/district-apologizes-after-teacher-told-first-graders-santa-claus-isn-t-real?fbclid=IwAR23QozayxDDPxTr2RP-bW2XB8MGf2Wio1dfAhZmHU0AgKWyhCjUoo95k6s

guess first grade is a tad early to learn facts........... then again it's our fault for lying to kids in the first place..
Yeah, Santa became the surrogate for Christ however most Christians or people which celebrate Christmas don’t know Christ was born on September 23thd or about (Virgo) not December (saturnalia) 25th so most celebrate without knowing they are celebrating the planet Saturn or the god of Saturn, his composit is Santa clause but if the letters are arranged back into place correctly it spells satan...also, the Christmas tree is a pagan practice.

Last edited:

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
see post 3, it was not up to the sub to "enlighten" the kids, they should all find out the "hard" way who santa is........
Yeah, they need to learn the hard way that Santa is an elitist jerk who give the best presents to rich kids and crappy presents to poor kids. They need to learn that Santa is the prick who spends ONE day a year working, yet has the audacity to judge us hard working blokes.o_O

JBGoode

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2018
Yeah, Santa became the surrogate for Christ however most Christians or people which celebrate Christmas don’t know Christ was born on September 23thd or about (Virgo) not December (saturnalia) 25th so most celebrate without knowing they are celebrating the planet Saturn or the god of Saturn, his composit is Santa clause but if the letters are arranged back into place correctly it spells satan...also, the Christmas tree is a pagan practice.

The name Santa Claus is derived from the legend of Saint Nicholas and has nothing to do with Satan. How did you determine Jesus’ “real birthday”? Assuming he existed, I always read that historians believe that he was probably born in the spring. It’s unlikely anyone knows the exact day.

Last edited:
Reactions: yaxomoxay

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
The name Santa Claus is derived from the legend of Saint Nicholas and how did you determine Jesus’ “real birthday”? Assuming he existed, I always read that he was probably born near Spring.
The god has Saturn has a chariot and horses Santa has a sleigh and reindeer, the same.

The star of Bethlehem.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
The Bible does not state that Jesus was born in September but whatever......I am definitely not arguing with you about it. I’ve seen some of your posts.
Does the Bible not say he was born when the last time the Shepard’s took they’re lambs out to pasture?, would that not be fall?, watch that video, it’s interesting.

JBGoode

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2018
Does the Bible not say he was born when the last time the Shepard’s took they’re lambs out to pasture?, would that not be fall?, watch that video, it’s interesting.
I've watched similar videos in the past. One can twist words from the Bible (or from anywhere) to mean anything they want and make YouTube videos for days about it. I'm sure this is just more of that so I'm not really interested. I've no use for religion in general and consider myself to be atheist or maybe agnostic. I believe in the possibility of a 'greater intelligence', but since there can be no conclusive evidence (in my opinion), the whole subject is pretty moot in my world.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I’m happy to say that Christmas in my house is all about my children believing in Father Christmas. It brings them joy and religion doesn’t even come into it for us. Schools don’t even do religious nativity plays these days. My daughters play was about an alien last year lol.