Disturbance on plane today

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dukebound85, Apr 7, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. 184550 Guest

I didn't see anything about an ambassador in the 'article', in fact there is barely any information at all, we'll have to wait for more information to come out.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

The article no, but it is being mentioned on CNN (tv)

4. 184550 Guest

Ah, ok.

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

No offense, but CNN (tv) has a history of jumping the gun on stories. Remember the terrorist incident in the Hudson that turned out to be a training exercise?

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And they did jump the gun this time too. It turned out to be a guy trying to smoke in the john.

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Eh what. Some guy had a smoke on a plane. It's all over the news since this morning.

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

So, CNN jumped the gun.

Has Fox News tried to turn this into an Obama failed to protect us from possible terrorism story yet?

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm sure, but I refuse to watch Faux News (removed it from my DVR's channel lineup) or go to their website (don't want to give them web advertising dollars) so I don't know for sure.

10. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother****ing disturbances on these mother****ing planes!

11. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Qatari diplomat Mohammed Al-Madadi - will not face charges and has been released according to Breaking News from CNN! :eek: According to reports, there was smoke coming out of the bathroom and this Qatari said he "lit his shoe on fire." How is anything short of shooting him in the face an overreaction by Air Marshals? Had an American tried the same he would be a corpse in the Denver morgue by now... :confused:

12. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Probably not.

What he did do was point out the absurdity of the Security Thearte promulgated with much fanfare by Kippy and the Cheney Administration and propogated Nappy and the Obama Administration. While his sarcastic remark didn't diffuse the situation, it is just another bit of evidence that more and more countries around the world, even those unenlightened America hating barbarians of the Arab world, can distinguish what the US cannot - the difference between effective security and the ineffectual imitation thereof.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So you're OK with shooting somebody for merely trying to light a cigarette on the plane?

The guy was an idiot, not a terrorist.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It appears the man was going to a super max security prison to meet with an al qaeda subject. Nice.