DIY replacement of iphone5 battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrm27, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Hello all,

The battery in my 5 is pretty bad after a year of use... the charge doesn't last long at all. I think it's time to replace the battery. Anyone here done it themselves? Any pointer/tips? is there a specific battery replacement out there that seems to be the most reliable? I'd hate to swap out the battery only to get a less reliable one in there! Thanks all.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I recommend you take it to Apple and let them replace it.

3. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Let Apple do it or speak to your network. Anything you do that isn't through Apple is warranty voiding and your network would only send it to Apple to be repaired if you took it to them anyway.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm not the search police, I just don't have a link handy. I recently saw a thread discussing a DIY battery replacement. IIRC it may have mentioned a source.

I agree with the others to take it to Apple. Who knows, they may just toss you a new one at no charge.

If you haven't done it in awhile try resetting the phone and see if it helps with battery life. Also, if the battery has worn that much in a year make sure you are properly maintaining it.

Good luck!