DJT's surprising new EO...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Feb 27, 2017.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Now that makes two things (promoting self-driving cars being the other) that I agree with trump on.

3. Herdfan macrumors 6502

With blacks supporting democrats at somewhere in the range of 9:1, if he can move the needle to even 8:2, then dems are going to have a very tough time competing.

And it puts the left in a bind. He is using tax dollars to help buy votes, but is doing so to helping one of their traditional voting blocks. Hmmmmm........ What if he does this for some of their other voting blocks? Anyone who underestimates his long-game is going to be in for a huge surprise.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

As with all his actions, I'll await the actual order and his follow through on it. I'm not drawn in by carnival barkers words.

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

That will depend on where the money is slotted to come from. Keep in mind he also wants to cut several programs that are insignificant to the national debt, but repubs have a hard on to cut anyways. He could sign an order to position more money for HBCs, but if it's from a crippled department who cares?

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

His long game is to plunge America precipitously into debt, and then ask the IRS for a write off.

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

The long game is probably the usual repub long game. Squeeze the nation for all you can, get a democrat back in office, then blame all the problems on them. It's worked for the Bush Administrations, why stop there?

8. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

That's more Obama and the Democrats, but let's face it, BOTH parties spend too much and are responsible for the current debt situation.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thought the Chinese held some of our debt?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 27, 2017 ---
    lmao, the moron who just left pretty much spent most of his dictatorship blaming bush

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

So under whose leadership did our last economic meltdown & our last middle eastern war occur under?

11. jkcerda, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1.bush
    2. Obama.
    [​IMG]

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Invaded Iraq under false pretenses?

1. Bush
    2. Bush

Our government has been dropping bombs all over the world for years. Is it right? I think not, but wasn't my question.

I asked who got that last middle eastern war going. Hint: We were looking for weapons of mass distraction and failed.

Deflect less.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

continued the invasion

1 Obama
    2 Obama.
    this is what you asked.

Obama bombed Libya & Syria, that there is war, only liberals pretend it's not war because it was not declared, the mental gymnastics to get there are amazing.. bombing a sovereign country is an act of war.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You're saying Obama started the wars in Libya & Syria? :confused: And not their respective documented ( Y'know actually killed their citizens, instead of the hyperbole thrown at Obama ) dictators? Continuation would also mean it was y'know started elsewhere.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if you put your feelings aside you might actually read that he BOMBED Libya and Syria, I did NOT say he started the war there, the U.S was not at war there & it was none of our business to interfere there.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

There is no disputing that Obama started our involvement in "regime changing" Libya. That is documented. That is a fact.

Gaddafi had been a useful tool for decades for the west. Enemy when one was needed, friend when W. restored ties with Libya in order to use his country as an air support base in the ME.

http://www.congressionaldish.com/cd131-bombing-libya/#more-2039

^ one of the best documented (using senate and congressional hearings as primary source documents) breakdowns of Libya I've ever seen.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Thank you.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Feelings not involved, bombing was not part of my post. You went with bombings to reply about my question about war. Our economic meltdown began with Bush. Our ramped up military affairs began in earnest with Iraq. Not clandestine, not political meddling, but straight up invasion of another country.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

bombing a sovereign country is an act of WAR, as pointed out that is something Obama DID. no matter how you wish to wiggle out of it.