DNC chair candidate makes racist remarks about white people

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by alex2792, Jan 24, 2017.

1. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Good luck with that hanging around your neck. I'd pull that clip out every 2yrs if I was the right. WTF would you give them that kind of ammo is beyond me.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

5. zin macrumors 6502

You sure are. And you're rapidly spiralling even further out of alignment. When will these people wake up and realise that the political tide sweeping the West at the moment is one against the kind of race-baiting, identity politics professed by this crazy lady?

Dear god the Democrats have learned nothing from the election. I hope she wins the election and becomes the Chair of the DNC.

6. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

The whole field of candidates vying for DNC chair is a freak show riding in a clown car.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Seemed to have worked for the right this election :)

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Liberals have ALWAYS felt that minorities are a "lesser race" and need their help. This is the great liberal fallacy.

Conservatives believe in real racial equality - equal pay for equal work, equal opportunity for anyone willing to step up and take ownership.

Classically the liberals here believe that "those people" cannot possibly be elected to have a valid voter ID because they are what? Stupid?

Voter ID laws are NOT racist in any way, and those of us who really believe in equality understand that fact.

9. unlinked macrumors 6502a

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yeah.. that is why not a single woman was in the oval office when Trump enacted the Mexico City policy.

That is why voterID laws were struck down in Texas and North Carolina over the course of the election.

But yes, keep sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "la la la la la!!! we believe in equality" while strumming up laws making peaceful protest illegal.

Give it a rest. You've been playing this card for years with no effect.

BL.

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

Thanks for the laugh Rip van Winkle. I'm assuming you've been sleeping for the last 400 years.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

And those people who waive confederate flags around - you think those are liberals, or maybe conservatives?

You ignore the fact that not everyone - minority or otherwise - has the same choices that others have.

Your anti-racist stance sounds pretty racist to me.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

he has a point, you simply don't like that fact.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

He has an opinion. One that I disagree with. Let's not create #alternativefacts

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I love irony.

16. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Put up or shut up. Elected conservatives have consistently been against equal pay for equal work, have consistently been against equal opportunity.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

What's ironic about my comment? Do enlighten me.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

here.
    you are creating an alternate fact there my friend. what he said was not racist.

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Wow. Just wow. Trump gathers praise from labor union leaders while Democrats strive to outdo one another with polarizing identity politics. The mind boggles.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't agree. Making assertions but blaming the left for them could easily be projection on how he really feels. So - no, it's not alternative facts. It may not be accurate - but I was stating my opinion. Not fact.

21. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

What a stupid statement of "Liberals have Always"... Yeah, I can already tell you are an open minded person.

Yet from a study about voter ID laws state... 7% of the general voting public doesn't have an adequate photo ID, but those figures rise precipitously when you hit certain groups: 15% of voting age citizens making less than $35,000 a year, 18% of Americans over 65, and a full quarter of African Americans.

So I would say that yes it targets minorities.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

"alternate fact" is perhaps the wrong terminology so I'll agree to disagree.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm not sure I agree with your disagreement... wait whut?

24. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Let them continue. 2018 and 2020 will be here before we know it.