DNC, CNN debate. Winner opinion.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tunerX, Oct 13, 2015.

?

Who one the DNC, CNN debate.

1. Clinton

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Sanders

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  3. O'Malley

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Webb

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Chafee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I watched the debate and watched the after show. CNN is still selling Hillary. I thought Sanders and Webb had the best arguments.

But then again, I am a libertarian who slants right.

Sorry about the one vs won. Apparently, I type faster than I think. Grammar and spelling Nazis please feel free to correct me.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

1. Sanders
    2. Clinton
    3. O'Malley

Far behind ...
    Chaffee

What a dick ...
    Webb

3. tunerX thread starter Suspended

tunerX

4. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Clinton obviously won. Sanders used up all his talking points a few minutes in and was pretty shaky throughout. Hillary had been preparing for this for 7 years and it showed.

Chafee was irrelevant. O'Malley was insecure and kept going to Clinton. Webb seemed like an outcast.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

What difference does it make?

All this proves is that Clinton is a career politician. She still shouldn't be president of anything.

Sanders is the only thing the Dems have going.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

For one, because he was so stiff.

His biggest dick answer came on the question, (paraphrased) in the political realm, who's sorry that you are their enemy? His answer, that guy who threw a hand Granada at me ... but he's not around any more.

o_O

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And your basis for this is what, despite the fact that she had been in an elected political position for 8 years, compared to someone like McCain, who has been in for 33. Secretary of State and 1st Lady of the US and Arkansas are not elected positions, let alone political. Diplomatic, yes, but not political.

We'll pick this one up when the primaries are done.

BL.

8. CE3 macrumors 6502a

I feel like it was a tie between Sanders and Clinton, but I certainly preferred Sanders responses and positions on the issues. Sanders started out somewhat shaky but found his groove relatively quickly and did well. Hillary was poised and polished throughout. I skipped through a lot of what the other three candidates had to say. Overall, it was just nice to watch all the candidates be respectful of one another. I'm sure the republican debates would've been unwatchable for me.

9. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

What are some of HC's major accomplishments? I didn't hear any specific ones in the debate. Can someone list three that best evidences her competency to be POTUS?

10. A.Goldberg, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

As for this specific debate- I'd say it's a close match between Hillary and Bernie. I think Hillary (from the first hr I watched) came out as more dominant. So I'd say Hillary. Bernie didn't too too bad himself.

I think Hillary obviously looked the most polished and presidential out of the bunch. Bernie Sanders sounded like an angry old man as usual. (And good god that DANDRUFF! Even after the first intermission no one bothered to grab a lint roller and clean that up, but I digress...) I think he really isolated himself with the gun debate. I think many of his answers came out well (except a few in the beginning) and Hillary had some notably poor responses. The other candidates were there just to fill the stage. O'Malley I feel like tried to sell himself like a cheap used car salesman, and just went along with many of Hillary's ideas and opinions. Webb and Chaffee aren't even worth talking about.

There isn't much of a doubt in my mind Hillary will win the primary. She has the high-level experience, name recognition, and the presentation of a POTUS. Bernie Sanders doesn't quite have that. Hillary and Sanders (and most all democrats it seems) generally share pretty much the same platform. I think it will come down to who presents themselves best. Hillary definitely has the edge on that.

I might have to sit this election out (in terms of voting). A wise man once told me not voting was taking an apathetic stance. Quite frankly, there isn't a candidate I feel remotely connected with on either side. It's the 2008 and 2012 elections all over again... I guess this is what it means to be an eligible voter in America.

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I think it was a draw between Bernie and Hillary. Bernie was very good at articulating his solid understanding of the issues along with identifying the underlying causes and not shy about placing blame where it belongs but what he lacked was actual solutions. Hillary on the other hand, demonstrated a solid understanding of the issues but she was more cautious in her answers and seemed to be hedging. I think Hillary's biggest weakness is her personality which comes across as abrasive at times.

As for the others, O'Malley and Chafee were out of their league and someone please get Webb off of the stage and tell him he belongs over with the Republicans.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Hilary has got my vote. Sanders seems too liberal, to the point where it's liberal ideas over sensible ones.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sanders was very good, delivering the best line of the night: "Enough with the e-mails!" I like Sanders' anti-Wall Street rants, although if he doesn't diversify his message more he risks being seen as Johnny One-Note.

Clinton looked poised, knowledgeable and confident, quite unlike the media characterizations of her. I think she helped herself a lot last night.

O'Malley came across better than I expected (though I'd still rank him third), and Chaffee and Webb were unimpressive.

Overall it was so refreshing to see an adult debate about real topics.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Enough with that bull **** talking point. While I don't like her, she is quite accomplished, probably more so than most of the people running.

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I think the email shenanigans then smiling as she does when discussing it make her about as shady as they come. I mean really, if what she's done doesn't put up a few red flags for people then society really is doomed by their own doing. She's masterful at what she does, knows it and yet still convinces the masses she's the one.

She's good at what she does that's for sure.

16. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

No society isn't doomed, just the bigots, racists, gun nuts and corporate greed.

17. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

The debate was too old and white and pandering to the Free **** Army.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sanders= career politician. Sometimes it is, but I'd argue it's not always bad.
    Regarding Senator from The Empire State and Secretary of State, the highest diplomatic postion, those are highly valued additions to any prospective leader's resume. You just don't like her. ;)

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

21. citizenzen, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

citizenzen macrumors 65816

I don't have to google to know she was a First Lady, U.S. Senator, and Secretary of State. Each of those three positions carries a great deal of responsibility and prestige, and would be a crowning achievement for anyone to accomplish.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Deflection, that's not the point. The question came from someone who asked the question, who was seeking a way to discredit Hillary's qualifications to be POTUS. If I mentioned Secretary of State, I'd likely get Bengazi thrown back in my face. I knew of several(not all) of her accomplishments but it saves time in this forum to serve up links, instead of being asked to verify.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You think the woman married to the guy who won a national election is a crowning achievement? I for one know she is a master of dodging sniper fire with cat like reflexes.

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

I dunno, is a guy who bought businesses, loaded them up with debt, then sold them off for scrap while sending hundreds into unemployment and himself and his investors millions your idea of a great leader, because he was the other choice 3 years ago? Being a First Lady sounds much more respectable.

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Actually, being first lady is no small feat