DNC Hacked E-Mails

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Jul 29, 2016.

1. vrDrew, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'd like to hear from the Hillary Clinton haters exactly which of the thousands of stolen and hacked e-mails and voicemail messages from the DNC server prove "corruption" or illegal activity on the part of the DNC.

Please keep this restricted to the issue at hand: The DNC e-mails and voicemails. The time to talk about Benghazi or Monica Lewinsky or the Goldman Sachs transcripts has passed. I'm not interested in discussing those matters in this thread. Anyone mentioning them will be placed on my Ignore list.

In the interests of fairness: Anyone bringing up Donald Trump's hairstyle or abnormally small hands will suffer a similar grisly fate.

Lets keep this on the topic of the hacked DNC e-mails and how they prove, or do not, the evidence of corruption or illegality.

I will note that the entirety of the stolen trove of e-mails is still publicly available on wikileaks. A link to, and/or a direct quote to the incriminating language will be acceptable. It would also be helpful if the poster could cite which Federal laws they believe have been broken in those e-mails.

If you want to convince me that Hillary Clinton is corrupt, you are actually going to have to do some work.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Do you get paid by the post for trying to deflect from the missteps/corruption of Hillary and the DNC?

She lied to the families of the those killed in Benghazi. Hillary is railing about corporate greed while taking large sums from firms like Goldman Sachs. Bill lied about Monica under oath.

Do I win?!?!

3. DrewDaHilp1, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Have you ever said "I can see Russia from my house"? Because your postings are making about as much sense as that lady did.

As far as doing some work on crooked Hillary.....

There's another movie out Hillary's America go see it post pictures of your ticket stub and I'll send you the cash for it.

4. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

I started a thread specifically to discuss the issue of potential corruption raised by the e-mails hacked from the DNC.

Since you appear so eager to discuss the matter, I thought I'd make a thread just for that topic.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

He's referring to the fact that their emails did get hacked. New York Times reported like an hour ago. But wouldn't blame anyone for Drew calling wolf when this is his 6th thread about hacked emails in the last 2-3 days.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

not available anywhere near me.

7. zin macrumors 6502

There's already a thread, or ten, about this and nobody has claimed criminal wrongdoing (yet).

That being said, if that is how low you are willing to set the bar, don't bother asking for anything as I'm pleased to report that, based on this standard, absolutely nobody has done anything wrong and the DNC is perfectly competent in managing their operations.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

corruption as in the content of the e-mails or as in wiki leaks is corrupt? got a feeling I know the answer

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I wasn't offering to buy yours. Not without some quid pro quo anyways.:oops:

10. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

I think I said that a reference to the Federal election law in question would be helpful.

But I don't think that I am categorically demanding the contravention of Federal law as the standard to be met. I'm simply asking for direct quote of language and/or behavior on the behalf of the DNC that reaches, in the mind of the person posting it, the level of corruption.

I simply want to know what the standard is. For instance, (and I'm really giving the game away here) the DNC had a schedule where donations or fund raising at certain dollar levels entitled the donor to various perks, including seating at dinners and lunches with the candidate.

Is that the standard of corruption? Then be prepared for a wee bit of push back, on the grounds that pretty much every political party in the history of western democracy does exactly the same thing. You and I might not like that. But I'm not sure I'm going to hold Hillary Clinton to a completely different standard than every other American politician in the past half century.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Liar! I mentioned all three of them and you still responded to me.

12. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I think that the 4A should apply to everyone except politicians and gov workers aka ZERO privacy. I want to know when they're taking a ****!

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You can't tell that now? Their mouths are moving.

14. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

To err is human, to forgive divine.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think I made his list :D

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

So did you guys hear about the scandal in Benghazi? Monica Lewinski? The Goldman Sachs transcript?

No? Just me then?

17. zin macrumors 6502

Knocking a cancer-suffering donor off the President's table for a bigger donor is slimey, but not corruption. Donor "access" is not corruption, I agree.

Corruption is dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power (see: dictionary). When the DNC Charter states that its board (and specifically, its chairman) is to be impartial to the candidates during their primary, and when emails surface that categorically show the opposite, this is dishonesty on the part of the DNC governing body. Furthermore, one could argue (as many are doing so in a lawsuit seeking class-action status in federal court) that it is fraudulent because the DNC intentionally misrepresented to donors what it was doing with the donations it received, inconsistent with its own charter.

18. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

I'd like to see the specific e-mails that support that assertion. I'm not saying its not true - but impartial is a bit of a nebulous concept. We expect baseball umpires to be impartial in calling balls and strikes. But that doesn't mean they can't discuss, in private and amongst themselves, their personal feelings about various players.

I think we also need to recognize that there was some history in the early months of the Democratic Primary process. Specifically, due to a computer screwup, for a while the Sanders campaign got access to a list of Hillary Clinton donors. This was eventually settled by means of a legal agreement, apparently to the satisfaction of both sides. But its a little bit hard to be totally impartial (at least in your private discussions) with someone with whom you are involved in a lawsuit.

19. zin macrumors 6502

Please go to the main thread on the DNC leaks. Many emails have already been posted there.

20. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Look, I hate to be a jerk, but there are hundreds of posts, most of which have nothing to do with the e-mails, in that thread.

In all good faith, I would like to discuss this issue. Thats why I started the thread. But it would be very helpful if I could get at least a link, or a cut-and-paste, so we can agree what we are talking about.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The ones where they are scheming to bring in Bernie's faith to give Hillary the edge are enough for me, it clearly shows they were biased.

22. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I have no desire to read a bunch of emails but it does exemplify another reason that she is not fit to run this country. Impropriety in too many situations to even list, coupled with the will of MANY wanting to take her down forces her to always react and cover her tracks. While there may be fabrication in some of the stories, there is always some truth in the biggest of lies. That time required covering tracks leaves her no time to run the country.

23. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

And thats the problem. And why I started this thread. You, and apparently a good number of people, have no interest in actually expending any actual energy or effort on your own. You simply see that there are a bunch of e-mails, and decide without even reading them that they prove whatever notions you've lodged in your mind.

I'm looking at this with an open mind. You say Hillary Clinton is corrupt or incompetent. And that this e-mail dump proves it.

Fine. Then give me at least a plausible reason to believe that there might be some truth to that assertion.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No need. She's crooked and that is all that matters

25. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

You aren't helping your cause. You are proving mine.